Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 19 v Freo

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Who is Ding Dong
    I believe he means Bell.

Veterans List
    I worry about this game without Mills and the forward momentum he provides. We (eventually) did well vs GWS as Hewett really lifted but can we rely on that two weeks in a row? And can we lose Hewett's vital tagging role when there are a few Freo players we can't let get a run on as we did late last time. We have a week to work on structure and it'll be fascinating to see what that will be.

Warner will not come straight back in. He had an injury that prevented him from running, he'll need 1-2 games in reserves to build the fitness back up.

If Lloyd could defend, we'd be less worried about the defensive end this week. He'll need to take Colyer this week.
    Fox to Walters to match for pace is logical. And he can rotate on the resting midfielder, like Fyfe.
    McCartin to Lobb. Rampe to Treacy. Blakey to Banfield
    That leaves Shultz or one of the other smalls to cover. I think they'll probably play RB more in the back half, which he's done through the year at times, with Dawson, JMac and Florent cycling through.

I don't think Clarke is an option in defence. I'd give a game to Gould over him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    It is not their job to entertain , it is their job to win . Watch the track and field events in Tokyo if you want more running

Cunningham is a great player and leader at this club and Campbell is but a blip by comparison . He will get there one day and you might get your 3 half backs but he's not there yet , not over Harry !
    If you think of the wins that we’ve enjoyed watching this year it’s been the games against the Lions, Crows, Tigers, Eagles, Bulldogs and GWS. Those games had run off half back, ball movement through the corridor and lots of switching. It’s entertaining football, it’s exciting and usually ends with more open space for Lance Franklin to lead into.

That goal on the weekend that moved the ball through the corridor from half back and ended with Tom Hickeys running goal was more beautiful than Christie Brinkley in the 80s.

I don’t want the Swans going back to the down the line boundary football. It’s not entertaining and I don’t think it brings the best out of young guys.

Regular in the Side
    I note the injury list is missing Ling who has not played for some weeks. It was reported on here that he has a syndesmosis injury but the Swans have remained silent. The Swans do have a track record of not re[porting all injuries like Ronke and Melican in previous seasons. Does anyone know the real fitness status of Ling?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    If you think of the wins that we’ve enjoyed watching this year it’s been the games against the Lions, Crows, Tigers, Eagles, Bulldogs and GWS. Those games had run off half back, ball movement through the corridor and lots of switching. It’s entertaining football, it’s exciting and usually ends with more open space for Lance Franklin to lead into.

That goal on the weekend that moved the ball through the corridor from half back and ended with Tom Hickeys running goal was more beautiful than Christie Brinkley in the 80s.

I don’t want the Swans going back to the down the line boundary football. It’s not entertaining and I don’t think it brings the best out of young guys.
    Calm down Billy Joel , leaving Cunningham out of the side wont help , he does the selfless dirty work that lets Jmac , Dawson etc get loose and play more aggressive. You need a balance of both defensive and attacking players , you cant have a team of 22 all wanting only to attack , theres teams already like that and they're called St kilda and Essendon !

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I’m wondering if before Cunningham comes back in that we bring Campbell in to play in the backline. I would like a look to see how the “three headed monster” of run, carry and ball delivery out of defence would go with Blakey, J-Mac and Campbell. I would love to see how they could link up and blow apart the corridor.

I accept that as small defenders those guys can’t defend one on one as well as Cunningham, but I think the experiment would be worth it.

I’m in COVID lockdown, I want to be entertained with daring run through the corridor. No more crash and bash down the line. I think J-Mac, Blakey and Campbell on the run would be brilliant to watch even with the odd nervous moment.

Out - Bell
    In - Campbell
    Don't you think H already gives us run and carry? He is a good kick (distance and flat), can run and usually hits his target. There is another one in the backline who can run but his disposal is not in the same league as H

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Got my tickets to duck over the border from the North Coast to the match. Can't wait.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    This folks is about as good as it ever gets, could (fingers crossed) be as good as a full list to choose from after this weekend, match fitness on a couple of players being the only thing to tick off.

Harry Cunningham Isolation 1 week
    Lewis Melican Achilles Test
    Callum Mills Isolation 1 week
    Sam Naismith ACL Indefinite
    Colin O'Riordan Isolation 1 week
    Callum Sinclair Isolation 1 week
    Chad Warner Shin 1 week
    Updated: Tuesday, July 20
    Had to comment on this - such a short list at this stage of the season is extraordinary. Have we been unbelievably lucky or have the medical staff changed significantly from last year?

Senior Player
    Sorry, but this is disgraceful.

Bell tries his heart out and we shouldn’t give him nicknames like that.

Reminds me of McHack which was also disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Don't you think H already gives us run and carry? He is a good kick (distance and flat), can run and usually hits his target. There is another one in the backline who can run but his disposal is not in the same league as H
    Cunningham is a long kick but not a good one. He's been a very good lock down defender this year. But he doesn't break the game up with his kicking or run anywhere near the same way Campbell, Gulden, JMac and Blakey do.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Sorry, but this is disgraceful.

Bell tries his heart out and we shouldn’t give him nicknames like that.

Reminds me of McHack which was also disgraceful.
    Yep not on , they are all Bloods least we could do is call them by their names !

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast