Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 19 v Freo

Veteran Site Admin
    How COVID chaos has made life difficult for Sydney

Link to a 20 minute or so chat this morning between Longmire and Gerald Whateley. Touches on broad challenges the team is facing, but is particularly relevant to team selections this week. Not only are Mills, Cunningham (and COR and Sinclair) unavailable, they also need to weigh up the fact that Rowbottom and Stephens had an extra work load this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Cunningham is a long kick but not a good one. He's been a very good lock down defender this year. But he doesn't break the game up with his kicking or run anywhere near the same way Campbell, Gulden, JMac and Blakey do.
    For the record I’m not proposing that Cunningham be dropped. He should come straight back after his COVID isolation.

I’m proposing in his absence that we team up Campbell, J-Mac and Blakey in the back six and see what sort of run, drive and ball delivery that they can generate together. Those three guys are amongst the quickest runners at the Swans and are amongst the best running kicks.

Why not give the concept a try with Cunningham out?

It could be game changing.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    I believe he means Bell.
    Sorry folks- yes, James Bell. Ring- a - Ding!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Sorry, but this is disgraceful.

Bell tries his heart out and we shouldn’t give him nicknames like that.

Reminds me of McHack which was also disgraceful.
    Maltopia, I apolgize- meant no offence to James B. It was merely a nickname and I won’t use it in future.

I agree he tries very hard and he does have a lot of enthusiasm. I also was happy that he has had a run of a few games. But realistically, a forward’s role is either to score goals or to assist. From what I’ve seen, he falls a bit short.

That’s all. Very happy to be proven wrong, as I want the best for all our Swannies.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Sorry, but this is disgraceful.

Bell tries his heart out and we shouldn’t give him nicknames like that.

Reminds me of McHack which was also disgraceful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Yep not on , they are all Bloods least we could do is call them by their names !
    Err, nicknames are an Aussie tradition. I agree disparaging nicknames are undesirable, so yes McHack was unfair but 'Ding Dong' is classic Aussie nicknaming because his name is 'Bell'. I don't believe that's disgraceful at all. So let's at least keep the pontificating on forum morals sensible.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    For the record I’m not proposing that Cunningham be dropped. He should come straight back after his COVID isolation.

I’m proposing in his absence that we team up Campbell, J-Mac and Blakey in the back six and see what sort of run, drive and ball delivery that they can generate together. Those three guys are amongst the quickest runners at the Swans and are amongst the best running kicks.

Why not give the concept a try with Cunningham out?

It could be game changing.
    Any player that might replace Harry down the track has to earn it by displaying good form themselves. During his one week absence, maybe they could try Campbell but he's only played one scratch match and probably hasn't reached required fitness or form.....nor does he defend as well as Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Err, nicknames are an Aussie tradition. I agree disparaging nicknames are undesirable, so yes McHack was unfair but 'Ding Dong' is classic Aussie nicknaming because his name is 'Bell'. I don't believe that's disgraceful at all. So let's at least keep the pontificating on forum morals sensible.
    Appreciate your comments Stevo. As a matter of interest, does JB have a nickname among his teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Appreciate your comments Stevo. As a matter of interest, does JB have a nickname among his teammates?
    I've heard players refer to him as Belly. Not very imaginative ...

Suspended by the MRP
    Sorry folks- yes, James Bell. Ring- a - Ding!
    I thought you meant it in a nasty way , like he is a ding dong Didnt make the connection with his name

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I thought you meant it in a nasty way , like he is a ding dong Didnt make the connection with his name

Sorry
    Cheers TB! I would never say anything derogatory about one of our players, or anyone else for that matter,
    Last edited by liz; 21st July 2021 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Off topic (State leader related) comments removed

Suspended by the MRP
    Cheers TB! I would never say anything derogatory about one of our players, or anyone else for that matter
    I will not ever insult a Blood by calling them names but i have no such qualms about others ,
    Last edited by liz; 21st July 2021 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Off topic (State leader related) comments removed

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Err, nicknames are an Aussie tradition..... 'Ding Dong' is classic Aussie nicknaming because his name is 'Bell'.

Though a more classic Aussie nickname for Bell would be Devil.

As in: Bell Hell Devil

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast