Word is that we will play Freo on Sunday at Metricon. Time TBC.

Glad we don't play until Sunday because it seems we will need all of that time to recuperate.

Reports are that Mills and Cunningham and O'Riordan (and Sinclair and I don't remember who else) have to quarantine and self-isolate for 14 days from last Tuesday. Happily this means they will be available to train and play the following week for our match against Essendon.

Will there be changes? Who might come in or go out?

I don't think anyone significant is ready to return from injury yet - Sam Reid probably not there yet. Warner not still working his way back. Melican - not sure but I don't think he's played reserves yet. I don't think Brayden Campbell is quite there yet either and I think there's a fair chance he may come back via the reserves.

What about the players who are not returning from injury? The main option I would consider, if we were to make a change is to bring in Logan McDonald. Now that Hayward is in good form as the medium sized forward, and with Mills still out, we could consider moving Heeney to a more midfield role which is where the space to include McDonald would come from. This would have to be at the expense of Stephens or Bell. I'm quite tempted to have another look at McDonald before finals and see whether there is room for him in the team and what he can offer. By now we have a fair idea of what Bell can offer. I would quite like to see more of Stephens. He shows real promise and, although he probably offered less than Bell against the Giants, he had played the day before. If we do bring McDonald in, it would mean that we are taller and might reduce our front half pressure (which might be a reason to lean towards retaining Bell over Stephens because Bell will apply more pressure and we already have plenty of run and good ball use in the team, which is what Dyl would offer).

The other option would be to bring Gould in. But the only person you'd consider substituting him for is Fox, and I think Fox is doing enough to hold his place.

Otherwise we reward the form players and stick with those who have gotten us the results and go in unchanged. I'd be happy with that too.