View Poll Results: What will be Buddy's punishment?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing. It's Buddy.

1 3.45%
  • It was a silly thing to do and should be fined

10 34.48%
  • 1 week. You can't go around throwing elbows

14 48.28%
  • 2 weeks - who knows with the MRO?

2 6.90%
  • Heeney is hot

2 6.90%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What will Buddy get?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dermie reckons it's 3-4 weeks!

I hate having him commentating, other than the above ridiculous statement, he prattles on non stop in every game.

One weeks rest for Buddy I'd reckon, won't do him any harm
    Buddy will get a week. Dermie is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Buddy will get a week. Dermie is okay.
    I don’t mind listening to Brereton for analysis post game or during the week, but I don’t really enjoy his contribution during the contest (it might just be the tone of his voice).

I missed his suggestion that Buddy should get 3-4, but that must be in a hypothetical sense where the current set of rules don’t apply. If he is graded like Shuey it will be a fine, otherwise he will get one. Anything higher and the Swans would appeal (and win).

Senior Player

I hate having him commentating, other than the above ridiculous statement, he prattles on non stop in every game.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Dermie got three or four weeks off as well ?

Veterans List
    Look at the whole incident (and ignore Brereton and King) - Buddy was falling backwards over other players and the chance that was going to end his season (career?) was significant. Of course he was going to trying to protect his fall and having the ball in the hand he was going to land on wouldn't help that. That's more likely than him having special radar that tells him that his opponent has lifted his head at the wrong time. Deliberate? How?

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I don’t mind listening to Brereton for analysis post game or during the week, but I don’t really enjoy his contribution during the contest (it might just be the tone of his voice).

I missed his suggestion that Buddy should get 3-4, but that must be in a hypothetical sense where the current set of rules don’t apply. If he is graded like Shuey it will be a fine, otherwise he will get one. Anything higher and the Swans would appeal (and win).
    He said something like "back in the late 80's - early 90's it would've been 3-4 weeks". He went on to guarantee that Buddy did it intentionally.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

I hate having him commentating, other than the above ridiculous statement, he prattles on non stop in every game...
    The problem is that he can have some good insights into the game amongst all the prattling.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Look at the whole incident (and ignore Brereton and King) - Buddy was falling backwards over other players and the chance that was going to end his season (career?) was significant. Of course he was going to trying to protect his fall and having the ball in the hand he was going to land on wouldn't help that. That's more likely than him having special radar that tells him that his opponent has lifted his head at the wrong time. Deliberate? How?
    Correct .

Thats BS. It will do him, and the team harm. The swans coaching and player management team know exactly the rest and the time of that rest he needs, not the MRO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    He said something like "back in the late 80's - early 90's it would've been 3-4 weeks". He went on to guarantee that Buddy did it intentionally.
    To be fair, Dermie was having a very bad hair day that day. The lockdown is really hurting him.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    To be fair, Dermie was having a very bad hair day that day. The lockdown is really hurting him.
    Hahaha! I think that's a fair assumption

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that.

In that case, I really don’t know what he (Brereton) is talking about. I can’t think of an example from that time frame where this is true. Different scenario if someone has a broken jaw, broken nose, black eye or is bleeding, but this seems pretty run-of-the-mill to me.

There is a better assessment here from Lloyd:

https://afl.app.link/fq3hFJegcib

The chat about Buddy is from 7:27 in.

What’s the gist ?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast