View Poll Results: What will be Buddy's punishment?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing. It's Buddy.

1 3.45%
  • It was a silly thing to do and should be fined

10 34.48%
  • 1 week. You can't go around throwing elbows

14 48.28%
  • 2 weeks - who knows with the MRO?

2 6.90%
  • Heeney is hot

2 6.90%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What will Buddy get?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Swans are challenging the ban.
    Good. I suppose that means the Swans don’t want to rest Franklin this week (unless they are challenging as a matter of principle).

Veterans List
    Good. Especially as two of the other, more significant hits that only got fines were on Swans players. His suspension makes it appear that the AFL regards whacking Swans players is a lesser crime.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Good. Especially as two of the other, more significant hits that only got fines were on Swans players. His suspension makes it appear that the AFL regards whacking Swans players is a lesser crime.
    Shows that we rate our chances to go top 4.

Senior Player
    Everyone saw OTC last night with all the other elbow incidents. The other three guys got fines, then so does Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I think the grading of medium impact was arrived at so there would be a weeks suspension, cart before the horse thinking

The VFL got it wrong way back when they graded Astbury? as low impact, that should have been a week then all that followed would have rightly been a week and we might have seen flying arms not used any more.

Lets be honest, fining an AFL player $1000 does absolutely nothing to stop these incidents but suspensions may?
    Is a tribunal fine regarded as a work related expense for players?

Good way to potentially lower their taxable income.

I always see that Buddy gets punished because he's such a huuuuge unit.

When he does anything that wouldn't bat an eyelid for anyone else, he gets a free against and when the other team does worse, he gets nothing due to his size.

Then I see Dixon who is also a unit and he gets frees regularly for soft stuff.

Yep, it's a Swans thing.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I thought Buddy deserved a week, but if we're appealing, personally think the Astbury one is the better precedent. Shuey was awkward, but didn't look as calculated as Buddy or Astbury in kinda (but not really) lining the bloke up.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    The penalty was a week suspension with an early plea. Does that mean that if the appeal fails he gets 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The penalty was a week suspension with an early plea. Does that mean that if the appeal fails he gets 2 weeks.
    I think the loophole is that he pleads guilty but challenges the impact severity. Therefore, it stays at 1 week even if the appeal is dismissed.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Everyone saw OTC last night with all the other elbow incidents. The other three guys got fines, then so does Bud.
    Got a sneaky suspicion there is a bit of cat and mouse play going on with the Swans Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Got a sneaky suspicion there is a bit of cat and mouse play going on with the Swans Challenge.
    What do you mean?

On the Realfooty podcast they noted that Steve Hocking is no longer around to interfere in MRO decisions.

This is an interesting case.

On one hand, he deserves a week because you shouldn't be allowed to through elbows and forearms carelessly like that. I would also argue that the other three incidents also deserved a week and I argued that at the time.

On the other hand, fairness and equity should be a major part of any justice system and since the precedents have already been set, he should get the same as the others.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast