Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Changes to R20 V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I suspect the AFL will try to get us out on a flight to Melbourne. Might have to spend the rest of the year in Melbourne including finals.

At least Essendon are in the same boat as us.
    Where does that leave the families in Quarantine?

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    The Bloods, I feel like I’m the kid at school who needs to drag you away from some angry kids.

I’m hoping to engage in some lockdown political discussion over the weekend. Anyone interested in debating lockdown/COVID politics, let’s fire it up in the open discussion thread.
    I think it’s fair to say it’s obvious who the angry kid is and your sycophantic posts are simply adding to the active and delusional self aggrandisement on display. Please stop enabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I disagree. He's been death-riding him all year. He seems quite pleased that he is not in the team this week and sees it as some sort of vindication.
    I agree with you. His attitude to Rowie is pathological. I have lambasted players usually in the heat of the match, lack of effort etc. Or for form problems, Blakey etc. But if they come back and perform then I am happy they fixed their game. When Will Hayward was running around like a Chook with no head I called for him to go back and get form in the reserves. I never doubted the Boy's ability one minute. Just his effort.

I am not sold on Gray, Taylor or Clarke as I believe they have limited ability. But if they come in and are able to perform role well and good. Clarke proved to be a fairly good tagger but his disposal is still only about 50% effective. I see the reason for Bell's selection as he performs a role in blocking hunting down opponents etc as a defensive forward. Rowie is a very talented player. He us carrying injury or soreness at the moment or recovering from injury. He will be better the more footy he gets into him.

In the mean time Chaddy is back in the reserves. This is good news, if they ever get to play. I really believe there are few players on our list that do not have a6n up side. McLean, Amartey, Gould, O'Connor, Sheather, Corruthers etc. All good pick ups who have needed or do need time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Your right i am pleased that hes not in the team because its the best thing for HIM ! If someone is out of form and out of position then the best thing they can do is go back to the lower league and either learn their position better or find a new position . This is all i wanted for him from the start and maybe if it had happened sooner when i was calling for it to happen , then maybe he wouldnt be where he is now . Which is out of the team with a month til finals

- - - Updated - - -

I am telling you i know it for a fact we have some ordinary blokes on our list right now , i will not name them as its none of our business but it is naive to believe that out of 40 odd blokes they will all be great guys ! Cmon
    Why do you say he is played out of position. He is a mid and we play him in the mids. He doesn't need to find a new position at all. He is a mid and will stay a mid. He has been a pretty successful mid so far.

Go back and read comments i made before the season even started that this is where he would end up and all i did was give my opinion on what needed to happen to avoid this Hopefully now that its finally happened something will change

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we know different things
    Listen mate he is in this position because he is returning from injury. Your justification is totally discredited by your inability to take that into account. Or other factors into account for that matter.

Senior Player
    Hopefully the club has organised for ALL players to come to Melbourne - can't have that farce that occurred when some went to Newcastle. We still need depth players for injuries etc. Plus the development of young blokes has probably been terrible over the last 18 months. I know its a minor thing in the whole scheme of the pandemic but we need to do the best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Swans families will be rocketed off the International Space Station and wait until things settle down.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Where does that leave the families in Quarantine?

Luds sorted that , the International Space Station .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Hopefully the club has organised for ALL players to come to Melbourne - can't have that farce that occurred when some went to Newcastle. We still need depth players for injuries etc. Plus the development of young blokes has probably been terrible over the last 18 months. I know its a minor thing in the whole scheme of the pandemic but we need to do the best we can.
    I read there are four teams on a 3pm flight. I wonder how big the plane is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Listen mate he is in this position because he is returning from injury. Your justification is totally discredited by your inability to take that into account. Or other factors into account for that matter.

Well said.

Veterans List
    Go back and read comments i made before the season even started that this is where he would end up and all i did was give my opinion on what needed to happen to avoid this. Hopefully now that its finally happened something will change.
    Lucky for your RB 'prediction' he got injured in Round Two....that's all I can say. The fact that you won't acknowledge this fact is a bit annoying to say the least....or do you think he's actually 100% fully fit?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    The Bloods, I feel like I’m the kid at school who needs to drag you away from some angry kids.

I’m hoping to engage in some lockdown political discussion over the weekend. Anyone interested in debating lockdown/COVID politics, let’s fire it up in the open discussion thread.
    I fear that discussion subject might test the friendship BS.

How do reckon we will play with no crowd?

I think some players need the crowd noise (positive or negative) to get them going. Buddy seems like the type who lifts or plays in response to the drama generated by the crowd.

Will tomorrow’s game have the intensity of a practice match or will the players be able to lift to the occasion (with top 4 up for grabs)?

[QUOTE=TheBloods;825636]Your right i am pleased that hes not in the team because its the best thing for HIM ! If someone is out of form and out of position then the best thing they can do is go back to the lower league and either learn their position better or find a new position . This is all i wanted for him from the start and maybe if it had happened sooner when i was calling for it to happen , then maybe he wouldnt be where he is now . Which is out of the team with a month til finals

- - - Updated - - -

A wrong word was capital in the whole post so I changed it a bit which would look the best …

I KNOW IT FOR A FACT
    I WILL NOT
    I AM PLEASED
    I WANTED FOR HIM
    I WAS CALLING

Never seen anyone as self absorbed.