Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R20 V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Something I'd like to see happen here. Not just the players on the day that won the GF, but any player that helped get them there along the journey, i.e. anyone who played a senior game that year, gets a premiership medal as an acknowledgement of their efforts.
    I like that idea. I always think it must suck if only those who played that day get to go along to a premiership reunion. Of course people could invite who they like, but a medal would change the mindset of who should be included in the celebrations.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    While I understand that this is simply a thread for folk to express their opinions, the evidence base for arriving at those opinions isn't as robust as that of the MC. Therefore, I'd rather defer to the MC. After all they must know something, 8 finals appearances, 3 Grand Finals, 1 premiership (possibly 2) in the past decade. They seem to be getting it right.
    QFT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    QFT
    OK Liz.I've given it some thought.
    Only thing I can imagine would be an attempt to avoid the swear filter, and you wouldn't countenance that....would you?
    Help me here.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I like that idea. I always think it must suck if only those who played that day get to go along to a premiership reunion. Of course people could invite who they like, but a medal would change the mindset of who should be included in the celebrations.
    I can still picture an injured and distraught Ben McGlynn sitting on the bench knowing he wasn't playing in the 2012 GF after playing almost every game, and although we didn't quite get there in 2016, Aliir Aliir played a significant role in getting us that far. Two cases in point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Only thing I can imagine would be an attempt to avoid the swear filter, and you wouldn't countenance that....would you?
    Help me here.
    You're not alone here Royboy. I had to look it up. I didn't think Liz was referring to quantum field theory. I think she might be saying that i'm telling the truth or that she agrees with me.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Essendon have 2 good marking talls, Stringer and some handy smalls in Tippa and Smith.
    McCartin to Wright.
    Fox to Hooker.
    Rampe to Stringer.
    Cunningham to Tippa.
    Lloyd to Smith
    Blakey to Perkins / Ham and to float off.

I don't think we need Melican unless there's an injury. So perhaps he's the sub this week? Caveat - I do really like Melican, I thought he was great just prior to most of his injuries.

We'll see a significantly more involved JMac this week. Credit to him for doing the team thing and sacrificing his game last week to cover with Cunningham out.
    Higgins also took 6? inside 50s last time and it was only his very poor kicking that let us win the game.

Help me here.
    Isn't it obvious? It's Quantum Field Theory. I thought it was heading a bit into "off topic" territory, but I think Liz deserves a free ride once in a while.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Higgins also took 6? inside 50s last time and it was only his very poor kicking that let us win the game.
    Oops that was St Kilda in the next round, sorry!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Not entirely true. We kicked 13.14 in that match, to the Saints 12.11. If you're willing to improve Higgins's accuracy, don't our players get the same luxury?

Veteran Site Admin
    Help me here.
    Sorry, I thought it was a widely known www TLA.

"Quoted for truth"

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sorry, I thought it was a widely known www TLA.
    Yes, of course! Everyone knows a three legged animal when they see it. They're just trolling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yes, Robbie is not tall or strong enough to play on Hooker. As you say, he towelled up McCartin last time but Horse may think this is still the best matchup. Other only option is Ramps. Hence the push for Melican but I’m at a loss to figure out who to leave out, as we must bring in Harry and Millsy.
    It would have to be Fox out Pelican in

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It would have to be Fox out Pelican in
    I think Fox has to stay, even if Melican does come in. He's playing so well. McInermey goes back to the midfield, which would mean Rowbottom would drop out. It sort of makes sense, because Hewett has now moved back into the on ball brigade. It\s a tough call with Rowbottom, but with a full list, there just aren't enough spots. It's the hypothetical we talk about when choosing our so called best 22. We have a lot of good players not in the AFL side.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast