Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R20 V Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Rowbottom not even named as an emergency, what's going on there?

Gulden named as a follower too, FWIW
    Without seeing the VFL team, it's possible that they think he's a bit underdone. Therefore, the plan might be for him to play a full game in the reserves.

This is a very strong looking Swans team. Arguably, we are only missing the Chad and a fit and in form Rowbottom from our very best team. If you line up our group against the Bombers team we look a fair bit stronger. I'm surprised that they dropped Hooker against us as his marking power could have given us problems.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Without seeing the VFL team, it's possible that they think he's a bit underdone. Therefore, the plan might be for him to play a full game in the reserves.
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested. He’s clearly been playing injured all year and lacking a bit of power through his legs. All power to him for what he’s done but he’s a young player and a week off will do no harm.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

We've gone back to the pre-covid-isolation team, except that Reid has replaced Amartey. We've been winning, so hard to drop players that got us here. Longmire is pretty conservative. He's had success with squad stability, so he's likely to stick with what has been working.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We've gone back to the pre-covid-isolation team, except that Reid has replaced Amartey. We've been winning, so hard to drop players that got us here. Longmire is pretty conservative. He's had success with squad stability, so he's likely to stick with what has been working.
    I consider it a strength and far from conservative for Longmire to reward players performing their roles …its a good message for every team member including the lesser lights and often derided players that if they perform then it’s not simply about a player more highly touted walking in after good performances

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    I consider it a strength and far from conservative for Longmire to reward players performing their roles …its a good message for every team member including the lesser lights and often derided players that if they perform then it’s not simply about a player more highly touted walking in after good performances
    Sounds like Chad replacing Bell is going to be the only change that will happen if everyone is fit from now to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested. He’s clearly been playing injured all year and lacking a bit of power through his legs. All power to him for what he’s done but he’s a young player and a week off will do no harm.
    Possibly, but if players are being rested, they usually get a "managed" on the AFL site, rather than "omitted".

Expected changes, and it’s likely Rowbottom has been playing injured. He also played three games in eight days, so certainly could do with a rest. Also surprised the Bombers dropped Hooker, but they’re probably looking to next year and thinking he’s unlikely to play a part in their future. He’s been a great servant of that club, so if it is their thinking I hope they give him a farewell match and send him off in style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Yes, and I'm enjoying having a healthy and winning squad, at this stage of the season; with plenty of players unlucky not to get selected. Rather than what it's been like for the last few years, where injury after injury, constantly saw out of form or not fully fit players, dragged in to join our cripples crusade.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Could be medical sub

Macdonald got to be better than Bell, even Amartey, Mclean.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Could be medical sub
    Medical sub comes from the emergencies and he's not in that list. Medical Sub will be COR or Stephens

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast