Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R20 V Dons

Senior Player
    Yep I understand the families etc are in Qld but we have to play in Melbourne potentially until the end of the season. If they can get out before any Vic restrictions are imposed thats what I think they will do.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Maybe they could shoot up to North QLD to play? That way they don't leave the state

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Well done writing off a young kid
    In TB's defence, i don't think there's been a 'writing off' of RB… just comments along the line that players need to continue performing to keep/earn their place in the team. Perhaps there's room for improvement in how some of those comments are framed – as they can sometimes come across as pretty harsh – but i enjoy reading them.

Senior Player
    Maybe they could shoot up to North QLD to play? That way they don't leave the state
    I have heard the NRL game due to be played in Rockhampton is not going ahead as the players have been in Brisbane.

SEN saying the AFL are trying to get all affected clubs out by 4PM. Speculation is we may play tomorrow. Probably at Marvel.

I don’t think they could do that either as the lockdown applies to anyone in the 11 LGAs from 1am this morning. Not sure if that applies if you get out of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Aren't all the Swans families in iso in Qld?
    The original plan, before Melbourne’s lockdown, was for the family to do their isolation in Queensland before joking their AFL partners in Melbourne. Maybe that plan will be reinstated - but who knows. It’s pretty hard to have much faith in anyone staying out of lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Yep I understand the families etc are in Qld but we have to play in Melbourne potentially until the end of the season. If they can get out before any Vic restrictions are imposed thats what I think they will do.
    The families have come from the NSW Red Zone so they must complete the 14 days to be allowed out into Queensland community and also to enter Victoria.

Your second sentence however is probably referring to the players rather than their quarantining families.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    In TB's defence, i don't think there's been a 'writing off' of RB… just comments along the line that players need to continue performing to keep/earn their place in the team. Perhaps there's room for improvement in how some of those comments are framed – as they can sometimes come across as pretty harsh – but i enjoy reading them.
    I disagree. He's been death-riding him all year. He seems quite pleased that he is not in the team this week and sees it as some sort of vindication.

Suspended by the MRP
    I disagree. He's been death-riding him all year. He seems quite pleased that he is not in the team this week and sees it as some sort of vindication.
    Your right i am pleased that hes not in the team because its the best thing for HIM ! If someone is out of form and out of position then the best thing they can do is go back to the lower league and either learn their position better or find a new position . This is all i wanted for him from the start and maybe if it had happened sooner when i was calling for it to happen , then maybe he wouldnt be where he is now . Which is out of the team with a month til finals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'd say the last ratbag on the team was Nick Davis - and he was more a lovable larrikin that the whole team had to pay the penalties for. There was a later one but he was traded as he was considered a bad influence.
    I am telling you i know it for a fact we have some ordinary blokes on our list right now , i will not name them as its none of our business but it is naive to believe that out of 40 odd blokes they will all be great guys ! Cmon

Tonight’s game as been postponed due to lockdown in SE Qld.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Your right i am pleased that hes not in the team because its the best thing for HIM ! If someone is out of form and out of position then the best thing they can do is go back to the lower league and either learn their position better or find a new position . This is all i wanted for him from the start and maybe if it had happened sooner when i was calling for it to happen , then maybe he wouldnt be where he is now . Which is out of the team with a month til finals
    Don't continually bag the kid all year and then turn around after he's dropped and tell me you're pleased for his sake. There are so many factors as to why he should/shouldn't/couldn't/wouldn't be in the team at any given time, yet you assume you're better qualified than the professional staff at knowing what's required.
    He is nowhere near as bad a you make out.

Senior Player
    Today three games are postponed.
    Half the country is in some sort of lockdown.
    Plenty players have been distanced from their families for weeks.
    We have won four consecutively .
    2021 has been a great turnaround for us.
    Our kids have been an eye opener.
    So many topics we could be discussing, but no.....give us a break from Rowie, TB...Please.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast