Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R20 V Dons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular in the Side

Changes to R20 V Dons

Date and Venue Updates:
    Essendon v Sydney Swans at the Gabba, 7.40pm AEST on Saturday

Mills and Cunningham will finish their isolation on Tuesday and they will be back. Ronke and one of Bell/Rowbottom will be rested. With Buddy suspended for 1 week, McDonald will be back.
    Last edited by Aaron; 26th July 2021 at 08:29 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Amartey should be in before McD , was doing his role OK , replaced by Reid and needed a rest anyway , had his rest now bring him back now

Most similar to Bud too

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Most similar to Bud too
    In what way? Not sure we have someone who plays a similar game (although It is hard to work out how we play Bud at times).

It will be an interesting setup. I wonder if they will go for something different (e.g. small, quick targets) or look to play a straight lead up role (Logan or McLean), or use Reid as a permanent forward.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    In what way? Not sure we have someone who plays a similar game (although It is hard to work out how we play Bud at times).

It will be an interesting setup. I wonder if they will go for something different (e.g. small, quick targets) or look to play a straight lead up role (Logan or McLean), or use Reid as a permanent forward.
    Obviously no one plays a similar game to Buddy , he is an all time great ! Amartey is athletic , wins more ground balls than marks similar to the champ , McD and Mclean are more marking types and not as suited to our current group of pressure smalls

Bell stays

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Obviously no one plays a similar game to Buddy , he is an all time great ! Amartey is athletic , wins more ground balls than marks similar to the champ , McD and Mclean are more marking types and not as suited to our current group of pressure smalls

Bell stays
    Mcdonald is a leading forward more than a pack marker. I think Amartey can take a huge pack mark but yes he is incredibly mobile. But then again so is Mcdonald. We need to shutdown Hind.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

In: Mills, Cunningham, McDonald
    Out: Franklin, Ronke, Bell

Agree that the decision is between dropping RB or Bell. I'd prefer he didn't have to, but I think Franklin's absence pushes Heeney forward a bit more. This means I think RB will be retained to provide more midfield support.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post

Agree that the decision is between dropping RB or Bell. I'd prefer he didn't have to, but I think Franklin's absence pushes Heeney forward a bit more. This means I think RB will be retained to provide more midfield support.
    This is my best guess as well, but would like to find a place for Melican to counter the tall combo of Hooker and Wright. Maybe RB goes out as well. Blakey looks a good match for a similar type player in Cox.

It we think about the possibility of playing Geelong in finals, we will need 2 legit tall defenders. We can't put Fox or Rampe on Cameron of Hawkins and hope to get away with it.

Our midfield of Kennedy, Parker, Mills and Hewett is a bit slow, but they're all playing well.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    ...Our midfield of Kennedy, Parker, Mills and Hewett is a bit slow, but they're all playing well.
    I don't think Hewett is actually slow. There was a chase on the wing on the weekend (I can't remember the exact details) and assumed it was one of the younger/quicker kids but I was surprised when I saw his back turn and it was #29.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Ludwig, my main concern with Melican is that the Swans style of play may now have bypassed him. He does not have the pace or attack in his game to replace any of the current backs. But he does give the Swans depth of injuries occur. but needs playing time to gain confidence and fitness. I see Campbell also needs Gametime to gain his fitness and confidence to get back into 22.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Ludwig, my main concern with Melican is that the Swans style of play may now have bypassed him. He does not have the pace or attack in his game to replace any of the current backs. But he does give the Swans depth of injuries occur. but needs playing time to gain confidence and fitness. I see Campbell also needs Gametime to gain his fitness and confidence to get back into 22.
    Melican takes about 3 games to show any form. Too much of a risk at this time of the season so he plays 2's for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post

Bell will not go out. He will do a defensive job on Hind

Warming the Bench
    mills,cunningham,mcdonald out ronke,franklin bell
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast