Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where will the Grand Final be played?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I’ve never referred to it anything other than
    The Cattery .
    It is hard to keep up with all that's going on down there with their weird shaped ground, HP. Skilled, Simonds, Baytec, GHMBA, Kardinia Park,
    The Cattery, some people probably just say, "we're playing in Geelong". And that's when it gets really confusing. And as DV44 suggests the
    "Whiskas" era should be enshrined in Geelong folklore as well, but strangely hasn't. But overall, I just hope we get a final there this year
    and run into West Coast again. I think they'll refuse to come out of the sheds, and we'll win by forfeit.

Regarding the GF: at this stage obviously the MCG with sensible qualifications eg vaccinations. Let’s hope the Swannies will be there!
    Last edited by liz; 30th July 2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Off topic part removed

Veteran Site Admin
    If you wish to discuss the politics of COVID responses, there is a thread in Open Chat. Please post your comments there. Off topic posts in this thread have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If you wish to discuss the politics of COVID responses, there is a thread in Open Chat. Please post your comments there. Off topic posts in this thread have been removed.
    Oh Liz! Just when we were having so much fun!
    Ok- back to the GF- MCG for sure. Otherwise SCG anyone? Gladys, are you listening?

Senior Player
    I reckon it could be Invercargill.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Manuka!

It's now looking increasingly likely AFL will need to decide whether to play GF at MCG with no crowd or at Optus with 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    It's now looking increasingly likely AFL will need to decide whether to play GF at MCG with no crowd or at Optus with 60k.
    There is zero chance they would play the game with no crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    There is zero chance they would play the game with no crowd.
    Agree. It’ll be in Perth.

Senior Player
    Living in WA, I hope it is here!

Last live Swans game I saw was the 2015 Qualifying Final where we lost by 9 points but it never really felt that close on the ground.

Towers did ok in that match and Tippett kicked three (no Franklin).

Reported this evening on Ch 7 news that all 18 clubs expressed interest to play finals in front of crowds rather than empty home ground advantages

Continuing from above, they've predicted as the ladder currently stands we'll be playing West Coast at Adelaide Oval in first week of finals.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast