Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where will the Grand Final be played?

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Reported this evening on Ch 7 news that all 18 clubs expressed interest to play finals in front of crowds rather than empty home ground advantages
    This makes a lot of sense.

Continuing from above, they've predicted as the ladder currently stands we'll be playing West Coast at Adelaide Oval in first week of finals.
    This, not so much. I'm sure the Eagles would be happy with that scenario

Eddie on.FC tonight reporting AFL keeping all options open for GF to be played at MCG in front of crowd IF things open up.

This includes getting rid of pre finals bye & playing GF on 18th Sept (in any state) or having pre GF bye.

(It may influence us to rest Buddy in last game against GC if they were to remove pre finals bye).

Veterans List
    Eddie on.FC tonight reporting AFL keeping all options open for GF to be played at MCG in front of crowd IF things open up.

This includes getting rid of pre finals bye & playing GF on 18th Sept (in any state) or having pre GF bye.

(It may influence us to rest Buddy in last game against GC if they were to remove pre finals bye).
    I want the AFL to retrospectively get rid of the pre finals bye in the 2016 season!

You can be sure the AFL will make decisions that have little to do with fairness and integrity, always the possibility to get shafted by them in favour of a Vic side. In some ways I'd love for the Covid situation to keep bubbling along to force the GF out of Melbourne again!

The best outcome for the swans is that all finals are played in WA. This creates a level playing field because:
    - All teams will be hubbing, not just the swans and giants.
    - No distinct home ground advantage when we play any of the top 4.

Otherwise, we are at a distinct disadvantage if we stay in Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The best outcome for the swans is that all finals are played in WA. This creates a level playing field because:
    - All teams will be hubbing, not just the swans and giants.
    - No distinct home ground advantage when we play any of the top 4.

Otherwise, we are at a distinct disadvantage if we stay in Victoria.
    I don't think it matters. There is a recent article on The Mongrel Punt (which I won't link for fear of screwing up this thread). It has the Swans down as league leaders this season for winning away games. You hear the cliche all the time, about playing anyone, anywhere anytime. Our team has certainly embraced that. According to the article, Port are tied with us, but have a lower percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I don't think it matters. There is a recent article on The Mongrel Punt (which I won't link for fear of screwing up this thread). It has the Swans down as league leaders this season for winning away games. You hear the cliche all the time, about playing anyone, anywhere anytime. Our team has certainly embraced that. According to the article, Port are tied with us, but have a lower percentage.
    "playing anyone, anytime" is basically BS. Sure, you will, but youd rather be home tucked in your own bed before and after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    "playing anyone, anytime" is basically BS. Sure, you will, but youd rather be home tucked in your own bed before and after the game.
    I don't see it at BS as such. It's just a phrase that means "no excuses" which if anything, is the opposite of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I don't see it at BS as such. It's just a phrase that means "no excuses" which if anything, is the opposite of BS.
    Who is bringing Bangalore into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Who is bringing Bangalore into this?
    BS and BS is becoming synonymous

BS and BS is becoming synonymous
    Ouch ... I mean squish.

We could actually derive a benefit from it because our players are used to Hub life now, whereas the other teams arent.

Senior Player
    Gil has announced Optus in WA if MCG is ruled out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast