Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finals 22 - with a twist

I think Fox or Melican will need be the medical sub when we get to finals. Or maybe even McLean/Amartey.
    If we were to lose McCartin, Buddy or Hickey, we have no coverage in the other 21 players to appropriately cover.
    Whereas, almost any other player can be covered to a degree by shifting players around.

Suspended by the MRP
    Fox gives his all and had his best game on the weekend ! Does not deserve to be dropped

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Fox gives his all and had his best game on the weekend ! Does not deserve to be dropped
    Not all players who miss a finals 22 deserve it. But if we play Geelong in week 2, we can't be playing Fox on one of Hawkins, Cameron or Esava. We need a stronger option, and that's Melican. But then whoever misses should be the sub as coverage.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I tend to agree that while the team is playing so well we should keep changes to a minimum. The main differences between the two are height and speed. Melican has the height but Fox has the speed. It would be ideal if we could chop and change these two depending on the opposition, without losing any cohesion

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Not all players who miss a finals 22 deserve it. But if we play Geelong in week 2, we can't be playing Fox on one of Hawkins, Cameron or Esava. We need a stronger option, and that's Melican. But then whoever misses should be the sub as coverage.
    Rubbish , you win a game by playing 22 players who are in form , know their role and can be relied on to perform it . Midfield is firing atm , they will put pressure on Geelong's entries and their talls wont even see it . While Fox and Jmac are running it out at will JB and Darce will be sooking about how Geelong went too tall !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Rubbish , you win a game by playing 22 players who are in form , know their role and can be relied on to perform it . Midfield is firing atm , they will put pressure on Geelong's entries and their talls wont even see it . While Fox and Jmac are running it out at will JB and Darce will be sooking about how Geelong went too tall !
    Good point. We'll have to leave Mills, Chad and Harry out too.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Good point. We'll have to leave Mills, Chad and Harry out too.
    Ha!

Trivia time: who was the unlucky player who was the only change out of the 2005 side in the last two months of our run home and through the finals?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Ha!

Trivia time: who was the unlucky player who was the only change out of the 2005 side in the last two months of our run home and through the finals?
    Maxfield?

My problem with Melican is that he's too inconsistent. Massive gulf between his best and his worst. Can give away alot of frees and tends not to bounce back once he's being beaten.

I was very impressed by how Fox came back against Darling a few weeks ago and with a bit of help, he's dependable against opposition's third tall. In current form, I'd back him to contain the likes of Ratugolea.

Ha!

Luke Vogels. His debut season.
    I think Nicks, Schauble and Maxfield all started on the list in 2005 but didn't feature in the finals.. amazing to consider how great they all were and how close they got.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Maxfield?
    Nope. Maxie was injured (and ultimately cooked) earlier in the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke Vogels. His debut season.
    I think Nicks, Schauble and Maxfield all started on the list in 2005 but didn't feature in the finals.. amazing to consider how great they all were and how close they got.
    Correct weight.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Nope. Maxie was injured (and ultimately cooked) earlier in the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct weight.
    Matty Nicks was unlucky that year as well was pretty well ensconced in the team before breaking his leg half way through the season

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast