Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 20: the other games. The long odds of someone doing us a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Was a great effort. Knew it might be out night after that fabulous penalty save (dodgy penalty to begin with)! Going to be ultra tough against Sweden, but great to at very worst to have a chance to play for a medal.
    Yes, I would have liked to have seen a replay or two, of that penalty. If it was against Ellie Carpenter, then the contact appeared to be minimal.

Sweden have been on a year long unbeaten run, so will be a hard opponent, but the Matildas seem to be gaining momentum.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, there's a pretty good chance, that Demons fans have been getting a bit nervous of late.
    The Norm Smith Curse is a big weight to carry for the Dees and we all hope the Al Clarkson Curse lasts 60 years for the Hawks.

Saints were woeful last night, I think we have them next week? Jury is out on their list management decision to build a foreign legion team, might be that making finals last year was an abberation.

Veterans List
    Saints were woeful last night, I think we have them next week? Jury is out on their list management decision to build a foreign legion team, might be that making finals last year was an abberation.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    The Norm Smith Curse is a big weight to carry for the Dees and we all hope the Al Clarkson Curse lasts 60 years for the Hawks.

They're a total enigma to me. They are often woeful, but their good games, or quarters, are very good. About the only definition conclusion that I can make, is that if Jack Steele decided that he wanted to play for us, then I would be very happy.

Some very slick reporting from the Herald Stun.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Some very slick reporting from the Herald Stun.

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    Messages from an alternative universe?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Messages from an alternative universe?
    I remember when journalism was a noble profession that delivered us facts and news. Nowadays it’s all about clicks and subscriptions and bugger quality and never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

If we don't make the top four, I really want West Coast. They're currently behind Collingwood 61-11 at half time.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Eagles losing by 50pts at half time against Collingwood???

The WC Eagles are a shadow of a football team at this stage of the game. Still, they’re only 38 points adrift.
    Make that 51 points.

Senior Player
    WCE are a joke. Easily the most over-rated team in the comp. How anyone saw these imposters as legitimate premiership contenders is an utter mystery.
    As is their 2018 premiership win. Most undeserving premiers this century. I hope they don't forget to invite Mason Cox to the reunion.
    Be nice to see them slide out of the eight.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    WCE are a joke.

As is their 2018 premiership win. Most undeserving premiers this century.

Sorry, I have to disagree. The 2016 Bulldogs premiership is the most undeserved in my eyes with the lopsided free kicks throughout the whole finals campaign. Who knows if they would have even made the Grand Final with more even officiating?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast