Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 20: the other games. The long odds of someone doing us a favour.

Round 20: the other games. The long odds of someone doing us a favour.

Coming into the round in sixth position, it would be handy for our top four chances, if the five teams above us were defeated. Unfortunately, the odds are against that. There doesn't seem to be much chance of the Bulldogs losing to Adelaide, Geelong losing to North, Melbourne losing to the Suns or Brisbane losing to Hawthorn. Probably the best chance of a team above us losing, is when Port take on GWS; who should be fairly desperate not to be replaced in the eight, by the winner of the Fremantle v Richmond game.

Of the other games, tonight sees the wildly inconsistent St Kilda, take on the generally mediocre Carlton. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Carlton win that, as I'd be slightly concerned, taking on St Kilda in a final and them having one of their good days. Apart from our game against Essendon, the other game is Collingwood and West Coast. I suppose that I'd prefer Collingwood to win that. It would further emphasize that West Coast aren't really a finals quality side, even if they're likely to make the finals. Plus Collingwood rising a few places up the table, would increase their chances of having a crazy clearance sale, in order to piece together the draft picks needed to take young Daicos.

Senior Player

Round 20 the other matches

This round we have:

Friday
    St Kilda vs Carlton

Saturday
    Bulldogs vs Crows
    North vs Geelong
    Suns vs Melbourne
    Crows vs Eagles

Sunday
    Hawks vs Lions
    Giants vs Port
    Fremantle vs Richmond

The matches of most interest I think to the Swans, are the first two Sunday matches. Can the Hawks with the announcement of Clarko pull off an upset to help us into fifth spot (if we take care of the Bombers) and can the depleted Giants get us within one game of Port (who have to play the Bulldogs in round 23). Rest of the games hold little interest to me this round to be honest, apart from a very unlikely boilover where the Suns beat Melbourne!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Go the Suns.

I know it’s highly unlikely, but …

A lot of the focus has been on Port and Brisbane as the teams we might jump over. But with Melbourne’s slide, and not the easiest draw in, they’re not unsurpassable for us.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Seems that Marc Murphy is getting to 300 games, by sitting on the subs bench. It would be odd, if in his 300th game, his role was spectator.

Senior Player
    Actually so far not a terrible game of football and glad to see that apparently the dodgy artificial spectator noise is not being used.
    Quite enjoy hearing the on field chatter and interaction from the players and officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Actually so far not a terrible game of football and glad to see that apparently the dodgy artificial spectator noise is not being used.
    Quite enjoy hearing the on field chatter and interaction from the players and officials.
    Yes, and the artificial noise doesn't really work in AFL, because the cameras following the ball, are constantly showing empty stands. As opposed to rugby league, where the shots are often just of the field: so there's less internal mismatch.

And yes, it is quite fun, to hear all the noise generated by players, coaches and officials.

Senior Player
    Blues are playing like they think Clarkson is potentially on the way but I am not sure if they are playing to impress him or help Teague keep his job so he doesn’t turn up . Harry McKay putting on a kicking display

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Oops. Posted this originally in wrong thread.

Go the Suns.

A lot of the focus has been on Port and Brisbane as the teams we might jump over. But with Melbourne’s slide, and not the easiest draw in, they’re not unsurpassable for us
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Oops. Posted this originally in wrong thread.

Go the Suns.

A lot of the focus has been on Port and Brisbane as the teams we might jump over. But with Melbourne’s slide, and not the easiest draw in, they’re not unsurpassable for us
    Yes, there's a pretty good chance, that Demons fans have been getting a bit nervous of late.

Pretty impressive comeback by the Matildas. Could have done without that late British goal, though.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Pretty impressive comeback by the Matildas. Could have done without that late British goal, though.
    Great stuff by the Matildas!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Was a great effort. Knew it might be out night after that fabulous penalty save (dodgy penalty to begin with)! Going to be ultra tough against Sweden, but great to at very worst to have a chance to play for a medal.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast