Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarkson departing Hawthorn at end 2021

Clarkson departing Hawthorn at end 2021

Sounds like Clarko will now be available next year (in breaking news that Caroline Wilson is now reporting).

I wonder if he would be available in a consultancy basis to explain how he would set up to beat us (or does that not matter now that he has gone?).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Sounds like Clarko will now be available next year (in breaking news that Caroline Wilson is now reporting).

I wonder if he would be available in a consultancy basis to explain how he would set up to beat us (or does that not matter now that he has gone?).
    We could pay him to have coffee with Gill so we get more balanced umpiring.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Good riddance to bad rubbish. If he spent more time coaching his players than bagging ours and telling Gil what the umpires needed to do, maybe he'd still be in a job.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by liz; 30th July 2021 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Retained part relevant to this thread
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    On the AFL website a short time ago, Corey Warner still in Twomey's best 22. Not a reach for our first rounder at pick 20 :-)

Senior Player

Caroline Wilson, whose reporting on that story was spot on, and who stared down the dudes who doubted it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Caroline Wilson, whose reporting on that story was spot on, and who stared down the dudes who doubted it.
    Yes, I imagine a few apologies should be heading her way by those who doubted the veracity of her claims.

Having said that, it is funny what is viewed as good journalism. Does it matter if she was able to report the breakdown before it was made known? Does the public deserve or need to know? The reality is that it became a bigger story because of the reporting on every phase of the event, which in turn caused the denials and further bitterness (further generating more news in a self-serving cycle). If the media had left the story alone from when the news about Mitchell’s appointment was announced to the departure of Clarkson at the end of the year (or perhaps sooner now), would we be any poorer? I doubt it.

The examination, criticism and, or, celebration of the events would have come in due time anyway.

Veterans List
    Hear hear!! She (and several others) are owed some seriously grovelling apologies.

Senior Player
    What is it with these mishandled hand-overs. Malthouse/Buckley, Clarkson/Mitchell.

My recollection is that Roos/Longmire went pretty smoothly and without acrimony? Did we just do it better?

Veterans List
    Yes she was smacked down by Kennett and Clarkson last week. What an embarrassment for Hawthorn. They are a laughing stock the way they have handled this.

They now have to pay Clarkson next year for doing nothing. They are trying to get the AFL to agree to spreading the payment out over multiple years.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Clarko and Kennett were nitro meeting glycerin.

Nice to know one buggered up their list with delusion and the other doomed Sam Mitchell (a sniper in his own right) before he even started.

Watching their fans suffer through a decade of misery will be a joy. The new Carlton.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    What is it with these mishandled hand-overs. Malthouse/Buckley, Clarkson/Mitchell.

My recollection is that Roos/Longmire went pretty smoothly and without acrimony? Did we just do it better?
    Wasn’t it actually initiated by Roos, who was was satisfied with his achievements and content to continue coaching our academy (being fairly well for his efforts)?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Clarko and Kennett were nitro meeting glycerin.

Nice to know one buggered up their list with delusion and the other doomed Sam Mitchell (a sniper in his own right) before he even started.
    Watching their fans suffer through a decade of misery will be a joy. The new Carlton.
    Clarkson was obviously a great coach with a record all other clubs would be jealous of.

However, he's a very dislikeable human being whose success, unfortunately was at an even more dislikeable club.

I didn't know how hated Hawthorn was until we beat them in the 2012 GF and the whole football world - not just us - rejoiced!

It will be hugely rewarding watching the repercussions of this disastrous "succession plan." Let's hope the Poos and Wees implode and the fallout impacts the club for a very, very long time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast