Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: R20 V Essendon @MCG

Bloody Kennedy cost us a goal. Heeney was going to mark that ball and Joey came in on him. Nor good team work.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    @@@@ing hopeless first half. I now know we are not a top 4 side.
    Yes let's all just forget all the wins done so far this year the fact that Brisbane is currently being beaten and if we win this game and if Port lose will be in the top 4. lets forget that and and just say we are not a top 4 team based on 1 poor half of footy. I mean seriously.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Papley was definitely held. Buddy get tackled and it a automatic free kick. He has to have a chance to get rid of the ball Mr Chamberpot! Look like they are in fairy land at the moment. So many missed tackles and so little pressure placed on the Essendon ball carrier. I suppose they were due for a bad one and this is it.

Senior Player
    I will say we are not a top 4 side even if we somehow manage to win this. We give TOO many sides a lead and rely on comebacks. That's not always going to work.

We can't keep rolling the 'comeback' dice and expect to win every time. Bloody hell, I hope I'm wrong.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    How does a poor but still close half of footy mean we’re not a top 4 side.

50 to Buddy was soft but so was the goal to Tippa as were the two HTB against him
    Need at least 3, if not 4 decent quarters of footy to compete with the best. Swans are young and have a lot to learn, and that’s ok.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Swans being beaten one on one all over the ground. I wondered to myself before the game how the players would respond to being so close to seeing their families and having that taken from them? (or have the families travelled with them?
    I read the families are in quarantine until Thursday. Hopefully they are then granted permission to travel down.

The constant moving and travelling will probably have an affect on the players at some stage.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Where is that team we used to watch, the one that ran with the ball, delivered it to a well placed colleague, was ready when the ball came to them and when they didn't have the ball took it off the other side? It's the other lot doing these things.
    And what is the matter with Rampe?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Too many turnovers
    Too much fumbles
    Bugger all pressure
    Really missing Rowbottom
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Really good movement from half back.

Loving the movement from half back and wing.

Just the final delivery inside 50 and forward craft. Get that right and we win by 6 goals.

Big opportunity as the Hawks look to have accounted for Brisbane.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Papley was definitely held. Buddy get tackled and it a automatic free kick. He has to have a chance to get rid of the ball Mr Chamberpot! Look like they are in fairy land at the moment. So many missed tackles and so little pressure placed on the Essendon ball carrier. I suppose they were due for a bad one and this is it.
    The ball was knocked out of his hands. He had the ball for a nano second. But we have done some awful stuff. Wicks 4 stats for 4 clangers I believe. And that perfect Kennedy spoil on Heeney was.....and a goal from the turnover.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I will say we are not a top 4 side even if we somehow manage to win this. We give TOO many sides a lead and rely on comebacks. That's not always going to work.

We can't keep rolling the 'comeback' dice and expect to win every time. Bloody hell, I hope I'm wrong.
    Interesting comments I would say that top 4 teams find a way to win in different situations. that's why they're top 4 teams.

Senior Player
    If Kennedy and Parker don't lift (like they have the last few weeks after 1/2 time) we are in big trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Interesting comments I would say that top 4 teams find a way to win in different situations. that's why they're top 4 teams.
    Percentage is a good indicator (this late in the season) of how good a top side is.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast