Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes to R21 Against St Kilda

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I dig Chad too. But if Stephens does fantastically, then it becomes: who goes out? A nice problem to have.
    Hewett . I know he's popular on here he's a good player but lets face it he is the odd man out once Chad comes back . Last week we gave up on him in the mids and played Jmac in their instead for his speed So if Stephens has a good one then that pushes Hewett out even more

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Sam Wicks. Rotate his role between Florent, Parker and Chad.

Wicks is now the selection tables low hanging fruit after Bell had filled that role for a number of weeks.
    Ummm, somehow I don’t think we’re going to relegate Luke Parker to the role of defensive, pressure forward.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Ummm, somehow I don’t think we’re going to relegate Luke Parker to the role of defensive, pressure forward.
    Papley is a small pressure pressure forward as well.

It’s not relegated it’s rotated through there. Maybe when they go forward they don’t kick to Wicks often because he rarely wins one on ones and is the least dynamic out of Franklin, Heeney, Papley and Hayward. If you had Parker up forward one on one you are probably kicking the ball to him more than the other guys. The other guys would then become the pressure forward if the ball goes to ground.

You then rotate Florent (great shot at goal) and Chad in there. Chad would put on a lot of pressure on and you could have him also in the centre square.

Veterans List
    Pies and Cows are happy to see their trade target back in the side!

Anyone read Tom Morris's expose (ay) of the Cows trading strategy for the next two trade periods? Quite an eye opener - get SA lads to come home!

Dawson and Stephens this year, Lukocious and Rankine next year, plus a gaggle of other low/mid range ex SA players, wow Tom, such mind blowing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes, they flew to Melbourne this afternoon ..... into lockdown
    Are they allowed to be reunited straight away or is there some other temporary restriction in place?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pies and Cows are happy to see their trade target back in the side!

Anyone read Tom Morris's expose (ay) of the Cows trading strategy for the next two trade periods? Quite an eye opener - get SA lads to come home!

Dawson and Stephens this year, Lukocious and Rankine next year, plus a gaggle of other low/mid range ex SA players, wow Tom, such mind blowing stuff
    There was a discussion on here a few weeks ago about how many SA lads the Swans have lost to the "go home factor" and we struggled to come up with any, other than those who the club actively traded back (eg Johnston(e?), Fitzgerald). I reckon if the Crows (or Power) looked more widely across the competition they'd struggle to come up with more than a handful who have been lured back over a period of decades. Scott Thompson was one. Jared Polec another, though he was happy to move out of SA when North offered him a lot more money. Scott Lycett is a recent example.

I am sure there are more, but the Hollands, Pavlich and many other topliners resisted the efforts to lure them home. When Lachie Neale wanted out of Freo, he bypassed SA and went up to Queensland.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Are they allowed to be reunited straight away or is there some other temporary restriction in place?
    They are reunited. Some lovely photos of kids with their Dads posted on Instagram by the respective partners of Buddy, Josh and Sam Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There was a discussion on here a few weeks ago about how many SA lads the Swans have lost to the "go home factor" and we struggled to come up with any, other than those who the club actively traded back (eg Johnston(e?), Fitzgerald). I reckon if the Crows (or Power) looked more widely across the competition they'd struggle to come up with more than a handful who have been lured back over a period of decades. Scott Thompson was one. Jared Polec another, though he was happy to move out of SA when North offered him a lot more money. Scott Lycett is a recent example.

I am sure there are more, but the Hollands, Pavlich and many other topliners resisted the efforts to lure them home. When Lachie Neale wanted out of Freo, he bypassed SA and went up to Queensland.
    I see no reason a Swans player would choose to live in SA over the wonderful beachy Eastern suburbs of Sydney! I lived in South Australia for a year.. the "city of churches" had a bit going for it, but not a lot.. mainly great wineries! But I suspect the Swans boys are more beer drinkers! In fact, I can confirm a few of them are avid beer drinkers lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    They are reunited. Some lovely photos of kids with their Dads posted on Instagram by the respective partners of Buddy, Josh and Sam Reid.
    That’s brilliant. I thought they were going to be caught in another state of limbo (particularly with the new Victorian lockdown). It has been a very long period apart - it must have been particularly trying for some.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

After leaving, who can blame them for not going back?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    After leaving, who can blame them for not going back?
    I’ve known a few South Australians over the years and you never take the South Australian out of them. It’s like Queenslanders, you never take the Queenslander out of them. People from NSW or Victoria look at themselves as Australian’s and don’t have that same regionalism inbuilt in their DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    I see no reason a Swans player would choose to live in SA over the wonderful beachy Eastern suburbs of Sydney! I lived in South Australia for a year.. the "city of churches" had a bit going for it, but not a lot.. mainly great wineries! But I suspect the Swans boys are more beer drinkers! In fact, I can confirm a few of them are avid beer drinkers lol!!
    I agree with you that Sydney offers brilliant lifestyle choices. However, some of these young men become homesick for friends and families. There is also the issue of housing. In Adelaide, a player can buy a nice house on the average AFL salary. In Sydney, their best hope is a small apartment a long way from the beaches with a large mortgage. That is an important consideration to some players.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast