Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R21 Against St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post

Although, us that were to happen, who misses for Warner?
    I can't see Warner coming in to the seniors before at least 1 VFL game. He's missed too much footy. He's probably 4th in line for non-KPPs to come into side, behind Stephens, Rowbottom and Campbell. It's really important that we have some ressies level football to keep these guys sharp and ready to play AFL when needed.

Bell's 4 possessions and 1 tackle make for unpleasant viewing. I didn't notice him doing too much off the ball stuff either. He just struggled to be involved. I'd like to see how McDonald goes. Our F50 entries are humming at the moment and he could really do some damage as he's strong on the lead and a lovely set shot.

We need to keep Wicks in though. His F50 pressure is excellent.

Warner to get a run in reserves to get some match fitness under his belt.

Suspended by the MRP
    Wicks stays

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I can't see Warner coming in to the seniors before at least 1 VFL game. He's missed too much footy. He's probably 4th in line for non-KPPs to come into side, behind Stephens, Rowbottom and Campbell. It's really important that we have some ressies level football to keep these guys sharp and ready to play AFL when needed.
    Agreed on the footy under the belt being needed - I was more referring to in the coming weeks, who could he come in for?
    I think Warner gives us a real X factor around contests, that we're lacking at the moment. But, if Campbell were to take Bell's role, who does Warner replace?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Agreed on the footy under the belt being needed - I was more referring to in the coming weeks, who could he come in for?
    I think Warner gives us a real X factor around contests, that we're lacking at the moment. But, if Campbell were to take Bell's role, who does Warner replace?
    If the coaches decide they want Campbell in that specific forward role because of his speed (as much as defensively as offensively) and foot skills, and then they decide they also want Chad back in, then it probably comes down to Florent, who’s been good without being great, or Hewett, for the different midfield mix. A nice problem to have!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Whilst Chad for Bell looks the obvious change, I would seriously consider bringing in Armatey instead for Bell. This is because St.Kilda is likely to regain Ryder this week. They are a better side when Ryder/Marshall play in tandem. Armatey provides ruck/forward chop out for Hickey & allows flexibility for Reid to play stints down back to help out our defence should Max King prove a handful. It also helps maintains our 2 KPF structure.

Bell can the sub. Chad can come in the following week after a run in the the 2's this week (hopefully). Hasn't played any footy since the bye. Saints coming off 8 day break versus our 6 days, which also needs to be factored.
    AFL Tonight reported Ryder is still in doubt to come up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Wicks stays
    That’s a bit dogmatic TB. Granted forward pressure and a role, what were his stats for say last3 games? There are players knocking on the door…………

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    That’s a bit dogmatic TB. Granted forward pressure and a role, what were his stats for say last3 games? There are players knocking on the door…………
    it’s not all in stats for that sort of role though is it?

For instance I think his htb tackle against the giants both got the momentum going our way and unsettled Buddy’s opponent who was going well up to that point.

I think Wicks would be one of the last out of the team unless the coaches thought he was fatigued and needed a spell

I agree Wicks stays. Who else would come in and play that role?

I agree that Warner should play VFL before returning to seniors provided that he has the opportunity. However, if the VFL matches don't go ahead, some additional time training with the team until he is adjudged ready will have to do. I don't agree that he is behind all those other non-KPPs to come into the side. I think based on his performances early in the year he can leapfrog them all once he has shown he is fit and in form.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Gulden came straight back in after a similar break. I'm not saying Warner will or should, but I think he could.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I agree that Warner should play VFL before returning to seniors provided that he has the opportunity. However, if the VFL matches don't go ahead, some additional time training with the team until he is adjudged ready will have to do. I don't agree that he is behind all those other non-KPPs to come into the side. I think based on his performances early in the year he can leapfrog them all once he has shown he is fit and in form.
    With a full inside mid brigade, I would place a bit more emphasis on outside runners. This is why I'm ranking Stephens and Campbell ahead of Rowbottom and Warner with the group we now have playing. I would love to give Stephens a run in the seniors to try to establish himself and build confidence. There's also the unsigned contract putting a finger on the scale.

Rowbottom's original injury was bone bruising to the knee. This can take a long time and can be painful with too much use, but can be played through if the pain isn't too bad. It's hard to say how bothersome the injury currently is to Rowbottom. Warner has missed a lot of football. If he were a veteran, I'd be more inclined to bring him right in, but would like to see him get some match fitness, even if it's just a scratch match.

Like everyone, I enjoy some of the spectacular stuff we get from Warner, but I still rank Warner and Rowbottom roughly equal at this time, with Rowbottom having a better all around game. I'm not looking to get back into the comparison argument again. I'm happy just to wait and see how things unfold over the coming years.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast