Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 21: the other games. Zombies still walk amongst us.

Senior Player
    Man, I knew I shouldn't have watched Tokyo instead of the footy. But I thought my country needed me more than my city.
    And now we are now behind this dodgy ROC country because they have more of those loser silver medals than us, and the Brits have
    won another gold.
    Last edited by KTigers; 7th August 2021 at 12:59 AM.

GW$'ve done us a massive favour. Only one game (and lets not mention the 10 percent) behind the Cats. Nothing would give me more pleasure than overtaking the "Dad's Army" side of the AFL. And we love playing their home ground too!

If the pathetic Weagles can beat Melbourne on Monday night, we are guaranteed to catch the loser of the Geelong v Melbourne game in round 23 (on points not %)

I'm not convinced we won't drop a game along the way ... but you never know.

Veterans List
    Just goes to show that anyone can beat anyone anytime. I want GC to beat Carlton just for the absolute giggles :-)

Got to love how this Geelong supporter explained the loss, a ripper turn of phrase "Geelong played poorly because we hit a critical mass of Potatoes that shouldn’t even be on an AFL list let alone on an AFL field"

Back to serious business, we need to show up tonight, the GC and Hawks games still haunt me and those games really hurt our ladder position now
    Last edited by 707; 7th August 2021 at 09:19 AM.

Senior Player
    mmm.... so 29 new Covid cases in Vic, all of them wandering around. Hopefully the government there doesn't lose the plot and footy isn't
    effected.

Zak touys hamstring, rohan injury, dangers throat, sellwoods head high hit. Could be quite a few cats missing at the pointy end.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Zak touys hamstring, rohan injury, dangers throat, sellwoods head high hit. Could be quite a few cats missing at the pointy end.
    I'm gutted for them. Check out the GWS injury list. It's nuts. It is always worse than ours. Do they not have the right rehab stuff in place?
    It can't always be bad luck.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    So even more potatoes filling the breach :-)

No way should Selwood get off that high hit

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I'm gutted for them. Check out the GWS injury list. It's nuts. It is always worse than ours. Do they not have the right rehab stuff in place?
    It can't always be bad luck.
    They don't. They would be one of the most under-resourced clubs in that department, and it shows.
    But injuries make GWS a better team. Because it stops Leon Cameron stupid selections. Why have they been picking Sam Reid over taner bruen all year. Their young'ns are top notch.

Worst case scenario for us is if we finish 5th and GWS 8th.

- - - Updated - - -

There has been a persistent rumour all year that Chris Scott is going to the suns next year.. he knows the Geelong list only has 1 crack left in it: This year.

Bring on the Geelong implosion

Senior Player
    Someone needs to go to the Suns that is for sure. I'm sure Stu is a good guy and all that, but it's not working. They need to cut him and
    get cranky old Clarko up there as fast as they can. Or, as you say, Chris Scott. He will understand being in Queensland better than
    most you would think.

Selwood will get off . Toby won’t .

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Selwood will get off . Toby won’t .
    Selwood won't get off, but he'll almost certainly get a fine rather than a week's rest.

I suspect Toby will be offered time by the MRP but if the Giants choose to contest it at the tribunal, who knows what will happen. The Bayley Fritsch incident provides some kind of precedent (albeit not as close as those the Swans used to overturn the Buddy ban), although admittedly I can't remember who the opponent involved in the Fritsch incident was, and whether they were injured.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast