Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: R21 V St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Thanks for your insight
    You mean for the long bottom lick?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Can't win the flag on that effort and with that personnel.
    premiership talk is fairy land stuff. I wait and waited all night for us to take a contested mark in the forward line. St Kilda took 20 and I cannot recall us taking one. We have to be the worse contested marking side in the comp. When we go forward we will have to kick to the pockets because we are not capable of taking a mark directly in front.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    premiership talk is fairy land stuff. I wait and waited all night for us to take a contested mark in the forward line. St Kilda took 20 and I cannot recall us taking one. We have to be the worse contested marking side in the comp. When we go forward we will have to kick to the pockets because we are not capable of taking a mark directly in front.
    Reid took one or two, as did Dawson.
    I'm optimistic that was an aberration, rather than a true reflection of where we are at!

Opti-pessi-misti
    It was a weird game by the Swans. No one seemed to know where they should be or what they should be doing. The forward lines and back lines were both disaster zones. I agree that the strains and stresses of the past six weeks have finally caught up with them. Hopefully they can rest up and regroup. Better now, before we get to the finals.

My condolences to you and your family too Wardy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    And my darling mum passed away on Thursday and she loved the red v jumper. 😢
    Sorry for your loss Wardy. Condolences to you and your family.

I could be wrong but the normal game plan looked a little off tonight. We didnt seem to do a lot of the switching the ball deep to stretch the field and create space style. I might have to watch again (which will be a bit of a hard watch lol). I think we missed Millsy alot tonight. I dont like to talk our players down but a few changes needed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    You’ll be waiting a while with forward entries like we had tonight. Back to the old bomb and hope game tonight. Forward defence has been good lately, but not there tonight. Can’t remember too many tackles inside 50 (apart from Dunstan who basically tackled himself). Saints probably had 20? They just beat us at our own game.

The game was a jumper swap. STK played like I expected the Swans to play and vice versa.

My condolences to you and your family Wardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Beauty of this year is that every team is having a crack. The bottom 4 all want to win and there are 5 teams still trying to get into the finals. Makes for very competitive football.
    Yes, no easy games to be had (well, apart from the Eagles).

No idea who’ll we’ll be up against in the first final with last few spots still wide open.

Suspended by the MRP
    Reid and Wicks were so poor. Stephens disappointing , i have defended him but if thats what he serves up after months in the 2s playing for his spot then that could be telling . Rowbottom embarrassing , Florent's kicking was so poor and who was on Higgins ? No one apparently . Hickey also a worry atm

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    It was a weird game by the Swans. No one seemed to know where they should be or what they should be doing. The forward lines and back lines were both disaster zones. I agree that the strains and stresses of the past six weeks have finally caught up with them. Hopefully they can rest up and regroup. Better now, before we get to the finals.

My condolences to you and your family too Wardy.
    A lot of swans seemed to be playing in different positions

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Sad to hear about your mum Wardy - warm good wishes to you.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)