Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: R21 V St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Reid and Wicks were so poor. Stephens disappointing , i have defended him but if thats what he serves up after months in the 2s playing for his spot then that could be telling . Rowbottom embarrassing , Florent's kicking was so poor and who was on Higgins ? No one apparently . Hickey also a worry atm
    Agree with all that. Wicks can’t stand up in a tight game like Papley and Hayward. Despite his unwavering support on Red and White he shouldn’t be an automatic selection.

Stephens misses kicks and then missed that last quarter tackle (could have at least put his body in the way). I’ve supported him and now I feel I looked too much at his draft number.

Heeney is inconsistent. Buddy has not at his best.

Thought Hewitt and Parker gave something.

Senior Player
    That loss has been coming.

Stephens and Wicks didn't look up to it. Stephens lacks hardness at this stage and still kicking without penetration. Rowbottom faded badly. Enough faffing: Warner needs to come back in. I wonder how Campbell is going.

Really missed Mills.

I prefer Dawson in defence.

Positives? Blakey was excellent. Hewett and Cunningham were good.

Seemed such an easy game for The Saints to win because no one manned up on anyone.
    There was a St Kilda player in a little open paddock all night.
    Swans played ‘we’ve got this one in the bag footy’ for four quarters .

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Agree with all that. Wicks can’t stand up in a tight game like Papley and Hayward. Despite his unwavering support on Red and White he shouldn’t be an automatic selection.

Stephens misses kicks and then missed that last quarter tackle (could have at least put his body in the way). I’ve supported him and now I feel I looked too much at his draft number.

Heeney is inconsistent. Buddy has not at his best.

Thought Hewitt and Parker gave something.
    Parker always gives something , he bleeds for this club and plays like it , and you will see ppl saying we should trade him over others like Stephens or Dawson , give me a break.

The mistake was re signing you know who earlier this year . We should've let him go while the rest of the comp thought he was a capable youngster . Now he's shown himself to be a very poor footballer . No footy iq or basic understanding of the game ie where the ball will land, where his opponent will go etc , no body strength, no speed , no composure, poor work rate , and he has the worst body language ive seen on a player . It stinks and he's no good . Not sorry

On any given day we can match in the mids and in the forward line.......my concern is that we don't have a match up in the backline to negate the tall key forward

Suns and Saints with the King boys exposed an area we need to find solutions for.

We have applied so much hunt and pressure and we have kicked with great accuracy up until last night.......it was interesting to see how our backline and defensive adjustments would respond under relentless pressure.

Tactically
    Personnel
    As a unit.

Very interesting data to review and hopefully makes us smarter and wiser for the finals

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Parker always gives something , he bleeds for this club and plays like it , and you will see ppl saying we should trade him over others like Stephens or Dawson , give me a break.

The mistake was re signing you know who earlier this year . We should've let him go while the rest of the comp thought he was a capable youngster . Now he's shown himself to be a very poor footballer . No footy iq or basic understanding of the game ie where the ball will land, where his opponent will go etc , no body strength, no speed , no composure, poor work rate , and he has the worst body language ive seen on a player . It stinks and he's no good . Not sorry
    Bit harsh on McCartin there TB he has been playing all right recently

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Bit harsh on McCartin there TB he has been playing all right recently
    Not sure if it’s McCartin he was referencing. It was was a good bake.

I’m not sure how Wicks is avoiding a good bake on Red and White? People were really happy to give Blakey an absolute shelling earlier in the year.

Why are those who shelled Blakey earlier in the year are now treating Wicks with kid gloves?

I’m interested in the psychology of people as to why one player is heavily criticised and why another is escaping scrutiny.

In any event we all want Chad back and everyone agrees on that.
    Last edited by Bangalore Swans; 8th August 2021 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Not sure if it’s … he was referencing…

I’m not sure how Wicks is avoiding a good bake on Red and White?…

In any event we all want Chad back and everyone agrees on that.
    Yes. Clearly referring to Lord Voldemort.

I’ve wondered the same. I’m not a fan of singling out players (even though I’m guilty of it) but some escape scrutiny whilst others get whipped. Reminds me of boarding school.

I’ve missed the Chad. Some really good players emerging from that draft (around the league).

Senior Player
    In some ways last nights loss doesn't mean much. Its not so good how we lost but we have been asleep in most first halves for weeks.

By my ladder prediction we might play Freo in round one of the finals - which would be in Melbourne as we would be the higher placed side. Probably as good as we could hope for.

On Stephens I was disappointed too but we need to remember the blokes in the reserves have had bugger all good match competition. Its all been thrown to hell due to covid.

I would definitely give him a go again - in theory we play 2 sides we should beat. He needs to be given a chance to show his worth.

It would have been an emotional week for many of our married/partnered players so in some ways this was to be expected. A reset to win the next 4-5 games should be our focus.

Regular in the Side
    agree earlier comments . having the families back didnt help tonight, must have been concentrating on them and not the game. Also agree on mach ups in backline. They all looked at sea. Jmac should say on the win running up and down continually. wrong guy on both higgins and harman and #34. Out coached althoughh missing mills didnt help

It seems that whoever brings the most pressure and commitment wins. The reason why Saints could play the way they did and why they always had unmarked players was because they worked harder and were more committed.

However, the reason why we are locks for the 8 and they are still touch and go is that we can have the odd off night but overall, bring that pressure for a block of matches. I back us to bounce back next week in the same way I can see Saints playing like crap again next week.

The reality is that we are unlikely to win the flag this year but the big thing I take away from this season is that we have found the belief to win week after week. Should hold us in good stead for the coming years.

Regular in the Side
    my post said Harman it was dean kemp a former demon.