Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: R21 V St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Maybe it’s time to move all posts by TB and BS and the resulting responses regarding this game to the Rowbottom thread so that we can actually discuss what went wrong last night like adults.
    I have been guilty previously of falling for their trolling but now realise that it is a waste of time especially when responding with facts as they are conveniently overlooked or dismissed and my opinions are deemed as not relevant so I have decided that responding to them is like complaining about your wife to your mother-in-law.
    Pointless
    “We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

― Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Maybe it’s time to move all posts by TB and BS and the resulting responses regarding this game to the Rowbottom thread so that we can actually discuss what went wrong last night like adults.
    I have been guilty previously of falling for their trolling but now realise that it is a waste of time especially when responding with facts as they are conveniently overlooked or dismissed and my opinions are deemed as not relevant so I have decided that responding to them is like complaining about your wife to your mother-in-law.
    Pointless
    Trolling is a rather grand accusation to put out there.

Everyone on here is speaking about the game.

I thought Papley was the best player last night. He’s getting on with game and forgetting about the officials. He’s providing energy and bringing his team mates into play. You and others probably thought I was trolling when I strongly called out Papley for his umpire abuse free kicks earlier in the year.

Papley, like Wicks, Rowbottom and Josh Kennedy are part of the Red and White forum untouchables club. Any criticism of these above four players is twisted as trolling.

People may remember that earlier in the year I was one of the lone supporting voices of Nick Blakey when he was out of form. Nick is not part of the Red and White untouchables club. Peoples words toward Blakey when he was out of touch were stronger than any other player on the list. I never called anyone a troll for having a contrarian view of Blakey at the time.

Time to put that troll word away and accept that people are entitled to have different and strong opinions on players.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I don't think it's trolling as I understand it, but it is odd.
    Statistics isn't my thing, but given the number of 'TB on Rowbottom' posts that appear in just about every thread, wouldn't even a random distribution result in several 'TB on Robottom' posts appearing in the Rowbottom thread?
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 8th August 2021 at 06:46 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

I thought Papley was the best player last night. He’s getting on with game and forgetting about the officials. He’s providing energy and bringing his team mates into play. You and others probably thought I was trolling when I strongly called out Papley for his umpire abuse free kicks earlier in the year.

Papley, like Wicks, Rowbottom and Josh Kennedy are part of the Red and White forum untouchables club. Any criticism of these above four players is twisted as trolling.

People may remember that earlier in the year I was one of the lone supporting voices of Nick Blakey when he was out of form. Nick is not part of the Red and White untouchables club. Peoples words toward Blakey when he was out of touch were stronger than any other player on the list. I never called anyone a troll for having a contrarian view of Blakey at the time.

Time to put that troll word away and accept that people are entitled to have different and strong opinions on players.
    Gee, you seem to know a lot about the history of RWO, but apparently you only joined the site 4 or 5 months ago?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

There’s a difference between recognising Blakey was out of form and needing a stint in reserves, which has worked wonderfully.

Or saying - even as a supporter of Rowbottom - he’s been playing injured and would be the one to make way for Mills two weeks ago.

And saying, he’s a complete hack, should bugger off, worst player ever, total dud, go play SANFL reserves, on and on and on and over and over and over again.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I don't think it's tolling as I understand it, but it is odd.
    Statistics isn't my thing, but given the number of 'TB on Rowbottom' posts that appear in just about every thread, wouldn't even a random distribution result in several 'TB on Robottom' posts appearing in the Rowbottom thread?
    There is nothing odd about it , champions of this club like Parker Kennedy and Lloyd will be criticised , the deal that got us the best forward of the last 25 years will be questioned , and that is all fine and dandy . Meanwhile one player goes out and is tripe every time but keeps getting games . You better believe im gonna have something to say about it until something about him is done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    There is nothing odd about it , champions of this club like Parker Kennedy and Lloyd will be criticised , the deal that got us the best forward of the last 25 years will be questioned , and that is all fine and dandy . Meanwhile one player goes out and is tripe every time but keeps getting games . You better believe im gonna have something to say about it until something about him is done.
    Until something about him is done?? Who do you think reads the site?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Do you want to speak to the supervisor too?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes we have problems with talls in the climate the AFL have created. Undersized defenders are going to struggle under the new interpretations. Rampe was struggling. He was not at all comfortable on King. But Longmire​did not change the match ups. That I thought was strange. McCartin was finding the young guy just a bit quick. Membrey was getting the better of whoever was on him, Fox? I thought Rampe to Membrey, McCartin to King and Blakey to 'Boxer' Sharman.

We also had a problem with their small forwards who were constantly free. Harry had a horror game playing on both Higgins and Kent at different times. Lloyd same. But the real problems started further up the ground. Missed tackles, lack of pressure and players not picking up opponents. We also turned the ball over so many times in the centre of the ground that put our players totally offside. Kennedy, as much as he plays so well for us, turned the ball over due to terrible decision making and dreadful disposal 4 times. They were screachers, howlers. All resulted in Saints goals. But he wasn't the only one. Stephens, even Dawson turned it over in the hot-spot and cost us several times. This is unusual for Dawson. But Stephens has past form in this.

All​ ​in all we did not bring any form of intensity. Which they did. We were chasing all night. We never really looked in it or even comfortable.

But yes we have to fix the back six and soon. Playing undersized defenders is costing us. When we had Reg and Teddy back there we had height and more often than not one of them would either mark or kill the ball. We had the pillars. We need Melican back ASAP.

Next week we need to change the side this way:

In. Melican,​ Mills, Warner, maybe COR, Amartey

Out: Harry (he was very poor), Stephens, Rowbottom & Reid

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Talk of dropping Cunningham is ridiculous. One of our most dependable players. One loss is not reason for panic stations.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Gee, you seem to know a lot about the history of RWO, but apparently you only joined the site 4 or 5 months ago?
    Yes - a few years knowledge I reckon. To quote Yogi Berra, the famous American baseballer, ' I'm getting deja vu all over again!'
    !'

Senior Player

Your comments on Papley were a point of view or opinion that many of us probably agreed with.
    Not trolling simply a comment
    Any discussion on Nick or for that matter any other player never reached the obsessive vitriol your running mate chooses to apply with James
    I would argue that it is not simply an opinion comment or feedback but the very definition of trolling.

Let's not hit the panic button after one loss. Hopefully we will get Mills back next week and we will rediscover our intensity.