Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: R21 V St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Sheesh - how many turnover scores?

I think getting the families back has softened us.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Technically we are doing ok... we are behind the Saints by 18 at half time, and Port is losing by 19 against an inferior side?
    We look a bit flat. Hard to win 6 in a row on the road.

Poor Stephens. He just can't handle the game at this level. He needs the Saints pressure to relent a bit.

The Saints pressure has simply been better than ours. And the only answer to pressure is to bring more than the other team. So lets see if we can do that in the 2nd half.

I thought the Saints backline would be a shambles, but it's been the opposite. They've been fantastic, both in the air on the ground.

Beauty of this year is that every team is having a crack. The bottom 4 all want to win and there are 5 teams still trying to get into the finals. Makes for very competitive football.

Veterans List
    6 goals from turnovers due to our inability to kick through the footy. I can't believe the number of times we have pulled our kicks and gone straight to a Saints player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Poor Stephens. He just can't handle the game at this level. He needs the Saints pressure to relent a bit.

The Saints pressure has simply been better than ours. And the only answer to pressure is to bring more than the other team. So lets see if we can do that in the 2nd half.

I thought the Saints backline would be a shambles, but it's been the opposite. They've been fantastic, both in the air on the ground.
    We have won the centre clearances 11 to 3 but when we go forward the Saints backs are playing in front.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Too much handling without gaining metres.
    Too much Hail Mary nonsense, not enough people running past to collect ball and maybe kick, which Saints are doing.
    Don't long bomb into front 50, kick to moving forwards.
    We are really missing Mills - need an older head in defence.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Longmire being outcoached. This was some of the worst @@@@ we have served up in the last 3 years. This mob are a,​rabble and we are getting @@@@ on.

All the match ups are wrong. Hewett should be on Steele. Parker and Steele have both had 17 but Steele has been 10 times more damaging. A shootout in the mids is not good for us. We win the clearances but use the ball so badly out of the centre. This is a game we need to win but by the amount of missed tackles you would think the players don't care.

Ratten shutting down the corridor just like Sun's, Dees and Hawks did. Ratten is like Clarkson and will follow his lead. The forward line is @@@@. It is not working well. But also the delivery has been a disgrace. I think we will lose this one. I think they are hungrier and are handling pressure far better than us. What's more our players are allowing far too much room to their opponents.

We need to find a way to move the ball. They are setting up around the centre area and just putting players across the field. You can't go up the guts but you can't go outside either because they are manning up on the side and zoning centre and blocking the corridor. So how do you get over that you keep to layers back and create run and kick over the top of them.

But for that you need full effort which we are not giving tonight. Maybe there was too much family time I the last two nights lol.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

As others have said, they have just out-pressured us. We’ve had a few very poor turnovers too and they’ve capitalised.

Stephens has struggled. I don’t know if he just needs a run of games to gain some confidence but this is not really the time of year to do that. If you can’t perform, you have to sit out. Hopefully, he turns it around in the second half.

Wow. 2 weeks for Greene and a fine for Selwood? Surely it’s the other way around?

Senior Player
    I know this sounds silly but Stephens is on the wrong wing - at least in the last qtr - he should be on the wing furthest from the camera this qtr.

And then the opposite in the last - he is a very biased left footer like Dawson and a few in the past - Barry and Bayes.

We're winning the free kick count and it's unsettling the side. Why can't the umps just do their usual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I know this sounds silly but Stephens is on the wrong wing - at least in the last qtr - he should be on the wing furthest from the camera this qtr.

And then the opposite in the last - he is a very biased left footer like Dawson and a few in the past - Barry and Bayes.
    You're half right. He should be on the wing for the VFL team.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast