Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: R21 V St Kilda at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    You also know Collingwood’s coaching recruitment panel is currently scouring RWO for insights into the coaching methods, mentality and temperament of Don Pyke
    Any chance they could take a couple of the self-appointed 'experts' on as coaching consultants so that RWO can have some peace and quiet?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Any chance they could take a couple of the self-appointed 'experts' on as coaching consultants so that RWO can have some peace and quiet?
    Ahh, a match made in heaven.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I was interested to see who were deemed our best players on the night: they were Parker, Dawson, Lloyd, Florent and Papley. I would have put Blakey in there somwhere, if only because he showed a bit of spark and reliability. Lloyd is invariably among the best players and I can never see why . . . .
    I sometimes wonder whether the disposal boost, his habit of playing on after a point generates, influences things in his favour.
    Maybe, maybe not - but surely not enough for him to score 2 B&F's.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yes, the consultants based on their past comments would have recommended that Blakey and Hayward play Reserves for the rest of the season with their cards already marked as "not up to it" and a "waste of time". They should expect to be traded at the end of season.

Rowbottom would also be playing reserves as a back pocket given he cannot possibly make it as a midfielder and with the club open to offers to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Who reads this site? Everyone. Most importantly it's widely read in the corridors of powers throughout the world. When leaders in
    business and politics are looking for answers to questions that will shape will our world they invariably log on to RWO.
    RWO = Read the World Over (surely)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    You also know Collingwood’s coaching recruitment panel is currently scouring RWO for insights into the coaching methods, mentality and temperament of Don Pyke
    After yesterday I reckon Don is off the menu. Rooster one day, feather duster the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Your comments on Papley were a point of view or opinion that many of us probably agreed with.
    Not trolling simply a comment
    Any discussion on Nick or for that matter any other player never reached the obsessive vitriol your running mate chooses to apply with James
    I would argue that it is not simply an opinion comment or feedback but the very definition of trolling.
    I think that everyone is very heightened by this hideous COVID situation. In my own residence we refer to heightened emotions as a COVID meltdown.

I believe on Red and White that everyone is more emotionally heightened than their normal selves. This causes each of us to have a shorter fuse than what would normally be the case.

We want the Swans to do well because it’s a lot of peoples escape from difficult situations. When the Swans fall short that can cause some amongst us to have heightened emotions and responses.

All posters on here love the same football team and desperately want them to do well. We can all put our differences aside and all share in a mutual admiration for this football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I think that everyone is very heightened by this hideous COVID situation. In my own residence we refer to heightened emotions as a COVID meltdown.

I believe on Red and White that everyone is more emotionally heightened than their normal selves. This causes each of us to have a shorter fuse than what would normally be the case.

We want the Swans to do well because it’s a lot of peoples escape from difficult situations. When the Swans fall short that can cause some amongst us to have heightened emotions and responses.

All posters on here love the same football team and desperately want them to do well. We can all put our differences aside and all share in a mutual admiration for this football club.
    Personally, I seem to recall the odd instance of trolling, prior to covid hitting?

Game done and dusted. No team this year has been up for more than a few weeks. We have a habit of losing against some pretty ordinary teams but I always thought Essendon and St Kilda had the tools to beat us. Essendon failed, St. Kilda succeeded as they played more defensive structure than Essendon. They blocked the corridor, we did not get the spread, we were not working collectively to create the space and did not have the same energy as the last 5 weeks. I actually think we would be benefited by this loss. It would keep us sharp come finals time.

Maybe this has to do with the families joining the team back and players not having the same focus or maybe it is a combination of factors including being through exhausting 5 weeks. Also I thought some of our players played in unusual positions and probably lost a bit of that usual up and about nature in this game.

I would be worried about 2 things though
    1. Somehow the marks we gave in the defensive half were more than we would normally give, it means that either they worked harder in their forward 50 or the entries were too fast for us to respond or a combination of the two.
    2. We get a little bit stuck when we cannot go through the corridor, somehow, the plan B was not as visible as I thought we should have. Again nothing alarming as the work rate in this particular game was not as good as a result we did not find good enough avenues to move the ball forward as in previous games.

However this means that come finals time, we may struggle against teams who are as disciplined as St. Kilda were and all the other teams in 7/8 are capable to worry us. It is going to be a fascinating next 2 weeks to see where we finish and changes that the coaches will make to keep us focussed with a good plan.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Self aggrandising nonsense.

1) this year most of our losses have been against bottom 8 sides; most of our wins and better close losses have been against top 8 sides. Fortunately, come finals time, we play against top 8 sides.

2) we had 5 straight wins coming into this games. But every consecutive win is one game closer to the next loss. It’s going to happen.

3) we are playing on the road. Every week. And sometimes not even knowing which state we are playing in until the day before. It will likely take its toll (tho playing away from the SCG might not be a bad thing given our form there, the lack of routine isn’t great)

4) we were considered a very young, inexperienced side at the start of the season. The boys are more experienced 21 rounds in, but they are still young.

5) the Saints were desperately playing for a chance at finals. We have a “home” elimination final in the bag and had a chance at top 4 if things fell out way. The stakes were possibly higher for the Saints, and perhaps their intensity reflected it (not a good reason, but perhaps not unrealistic)

6) Mills late withdrawal probably not helpful

2 games to go until finals. Happy to put this little speed bump behind us, enjoy what has been a season that might have exceeded expectations prior to round 1 and look forward to see what our group can deliver in September. Go Swannies!!

Papley charged

The AFL advises the Match Review of the Saturday games of Round 21 has been completed and Swans forward Tom Papley has been charged.

Charges laid:

Tom Papley, Sydney Swans, has been charged with Striking Bradley Hill, during the fourth quarter of the Round 21 match between St Kilda and the Sydney Swans, played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, August 7, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
    Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.