Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R22 Against North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Wicks is essential for the finals because of the pressure he brings. No one else comes close to applying pressure like he does and I don't think anyone they bring in can match that defensive role (other than maybe Clarke) as they are midfielders who are used to being offensive weapons as compared to a defensive wall. He could kick straighter but he puts in hard every week
    I’m sorry but I just don’t see it- as Ludwig says, all our forwards apply pressure. In my book, a forward’s job is to kick goals and/or create chances. For the last few weeks Wicks hasn’t done this so he needs a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I wanted him to get a chance but Stephens was terrible , shouldnt play again this year after that performance
    He had plenty of mates! He needs a continuity of games and I would still play him against Norf. He was ineffective, I grant you that, but the lad has ability and before we trade him let’s give him every chance. I’m a great believer in giving every player on our list a proper run before we make a call. For example, James Bell had a few games in a row and for me he ain’t gonna make it- I wish him all the best but I can’t see him in our future team. With Stephens, it’s too early to make that call but sometimes a high draft pick doesn’t cut it. KB and his team can get it wrong sometimes!

Yes its tempting to give Stephens one more chance this week despite his terrible performance last week (and earlier in the season). We play North and there is not a lot riding on it. Having said that, we have others potentially available that we can replace him with who are a safer option looking towards finals which are so close now. A tough call for the selectors!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    He had plenty of mates! He needs a continuity of games and I would still play him against Norf. He was ineffective, I grant you that, but the lad has ability and before we trade him let’s give him every chance. I’m a great believer in giving every player on our list a proper run before we make a call. For example, James Bell had a few games in a row and for me he ain’t gonna make it- I wish him all the best but I can’t see him in our future team. With Stephens, it’s too early to make that call but sometimes a high draft pick doesn’t cut it. KB and his team can get it wrong sometimes!
    Where did i say trade him ?? Said he shouldnt play again this year as hes not ready , plain and simple , kids got confidence issues so keeping him in when hes out of his depth is no good to him

Saying that hes not the first one i'd drop

One change - Sam Reid will play for the first time as a father of two. Kim and Sam’s baby daughter arrived earlier this week in Melbourne.

Kim should be made No. 1 Swans ticketholder next year for her devotion to the Swans’ cause. Moved to Queensland heavily pregnant, and with a toddler, prepared to have her baby there, spent 14 days in hotel quarantine, and then had to move to Melbourne and give birth there instead.

Sam, you need to be BOG this week to match Kim’s performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    See I still heartily disagree with you on Bell
    I think he contributed for a good block of weeks comprising a series of wins and it was that last week where his form fell off where he was dropped and replaced to give others an opportunity

Before that he clearly was playing his role very well..and he still has a place going forward

It’s interesting that he did go and a loss occurred ..i actually think he applies a lot of pressure and nails his tackles ..i know people quote his lack of stats but they were handy for his role whilst he was in form and prior to his last gane and he applies a lot of perceived pressure which I’m not sure if that shows on stats

I was wondering how long it would be before someone decided Bell was worth talking about again ..I’m a big supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I can’t see any set of circumstances in which we play WCE as the lower finishing team or Brisbane at all as it’s 5v8 and 6v7
    Aren’t we 6th and West Coast 7th right now
    All that would have to happen is West Coast to win and stay ahead of the chasers ..is that what you mean ..you don’t think West Coast will win any matches
    We could certainly finish 6th whether we win or lose

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Aren’t we 6th and West Coast 7th right now
    All that would have to happen is West Coast to win and stay ahead of the chasers ..is that what you mean ..you don’t think West Coast will win any matches
    We could certainly finish 6th whether we win or lose
    My comment was in response to 707 who said: Don't want to draw to play WCE in the first final and be below them on the ladder as we'd have to play in Perth, same with drawing Brisbane first game and going to the Gabba.

I was saying I don't think either of those scenarios is possible. Including us playing WCE from 7 in Perth. There is an outside chance we'd be forced to relocate to WA for finals

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    One change - Sam Reid will play for the first time as a father of two. Kim and Sam’s baby daughter arrived earlier this week in Melbourne.

Kim should be made No. 1 Swans ticketholder next year for her devotion to the Swans’ cause. Moved to Queensland heavily pregnant, and with a toddler, prepared to have her baby there, spent 14 days in hotel quarantine, and then had to move to Melbourne and give birth there instead.

Sam, you need to be BOG this week to match Kim’s performance!
    Yes Meg, Kim's devotion certainly can't be questioned. What a story she will have to tell Harley when she's older.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    In Campbell McLean Melican
    Out Franklin (managed) Lloyd (injured) Stephens (omitted) Clarke (sub)

Emg: Sinclair Gray O’Riordan Bell

Veterans List
    Campbell back in is about the only positive.

I had wondered about resting Franklin in light of uncertainty about the bye.

Seems they've decided McLean more likely to play any final than McDonald.

Also seems Warner needs to be given another week managed in the scratch matches.

Suspended by the MRP
    What a joke

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast