Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Ideal Finals MVP

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar

Your Ideal Finals MVP

If you could nominate one Swan to play a blinder in all of our upcoming finals games (assuming we play more than one), who would it be and why? Who would improve the team the most by playing at their best?

I'm going with Heeney. His best is elite and I'd like to see him cut loose and absolutely rip a few teams apart. If Isaac could perform at his best consistently across all games, we'd be much harder to stop.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Great call. 20 possessions, 3 goal final games for Heeney, we’re firing.

(I bet ‘someone’ goes Chad though).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Florent

I feel he’s our barometer but Heeney / Pap close behind.

Be huge for our chances if Heeney were to really cut loose! However i suspect based on.form, our MVP will cone from.Dawson, Parker or Mills. Warner as my left field choice as he appears the type not to be over awed by the big stage.

Suspended by the MRP
    Dawson , he plays well we win end of

Rowbottom ... to see RWO go into meltdown

Senior Player
    Buddy - get to 1000 goals and get the premiership with us at last after joining us almost ten years ago.

To get a 50/50 with the umpires would be so amazing in a big finals series, instead of seeing him getting mauled and hit in the head (eg by the Hawks in the 2014 GF) with no call.

He might even decide to retire after such a great outing and what a way to end a career.

A bit unlikely, but lately, Hayward has been reminding me of Nick Davis: so perhaps he has a Nick Davis game in him.

Veteran Site Admin
    Heeney, because the role he plays requires the team as a whole to be playing pretty well for his talents and contributions to come to the fore. So if he’s our MVP, chances are we’ve done ok.

Chad.

Potential to bust open a quarter in a tight game. Couple of powerful line breaking centre clearances and two goals streaming out of the centre square.

Also picture him teaming up with Blakey and J-Mac out of defence and running the ball at the opposition, creating space, overlap and open forward lines.

If the opposition has the ball within 10 - 15 metres of Chad you know that he loves the body contact and will look to hit them hard.

Chad is an imperative in this week. Two weeks to work his way into line busting form.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Buddy - get to 1000 goals and get the premiership with us at last after joining us almost ten years ago.

To get a 50/50 with the umpires would be so amazing in a big finals series, instead of seeing him getting mauled and hit in the head (eg by the Hawks in the 2014 GF) with no call.

He might even decide to retire after such a great outing and what a way to end a career.
    I am hoping Buddy is not close to his 1000 in a crunch match. Don’t want the younger players bombing the ball to him every time so that he can get to 1000.

Want 4 players to have blinders - Heeney, Dawson, Gulden, Blakey. But if I have to choose one, I think Heeneys extraordinary courageous acts lifts the entire team like no other.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Parker - if he has won the MVP it (hopefully) means he, and the team he leads, are dominating in the middle and we are getting the ball to our quality kickers and dominating inside 50s
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast