Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. Have the elimination finals started?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I almost feel sorry for Richmond fans. The dynasty is coming to an end, to the accompaniment of BT droning on in the background.

Although strangely, there's still a very long shot of them making the finals. It's so long shot, that I can't be bothered writing it down, but it's there.
    Who’s this Lippa commentating …he seems to be a little bit of an an acolyte at the Richmond altar also

Yes there is a very small chance ..the DNA stays alive unfortunately

Love Connor Bruhn ..great pickup

- - - Updated - - -

Or Tanner Bruhn ..Bruhn he’s good

Please find a little bit of form West Coast
    We don’t want Gws in seventh although I guess we could still head Brisbane

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Tonight's game will once and for all decide who is the better ex-Sydney ruckman.
    Mummy was huge tonight....admittedly I didn't watch the whole game but in the bits I saw, he was killing it.

Senior Player
    Tonight's game will once and for all decide who is the better ex-Sydney ruckman.
    The biggest question in football. Around the dinner table here we talk of little else.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    The biggest question in football. Around the dinner table here we talk of little else.
    I don't think we are any closer to the answer.

Senior Player
    I don't think we are any closer to the answer.
    I think you're right man. The answer remains as elusive as ever.

Richmond are in denial. Too much arrogance from coach, players. The game plan has been found out. The tall towers are easily controlled if you get the match ups right. Their backs do not like playing man on man they like to zone and you can create space from this. We were the team that pulled their game plan to pieces and murdered them.

If you don't recognise your failures as well as you achievements then you will drown in mediocracy. They have been elite but now they aren't. Their players do not have the hunger any more. Get rid of some of the players. Regenerate the list a bit with players hungry for the same success. But most importantly they must change the game plan.

I think GWS were very good. Have been the last two weeks. The Cats game told me something, not about GWS but about the Cats. They will not win the premiership because if they come up against several sides they WILL lose. Dees, GWS, Swans & Dogs. Even Port run them. That means Cats are close to the end of their run. They will need to retire almost half their side after 2022.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    That's Richmond gone, can't stand that smug Hardwick.

What will be interesting now will be the actual match ups in the first round of finals, chance that some of the round 23 matches could be repeated the following week in the finals, Brisbane WC, Cats Melb, Fairypups Power.

Richmond have just got lazy with success. Some of the hard "workers" have left, and the high reputation ones remaining don't want to roll there sleeves up.

Funny thing is, hardwick doesn't have anywhere near the reputation of other premiership coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    That's Richmond gone, can't stand that smug Hardwick.

What will be interesting now will be the actual match ups in the first round of finals, chance that some of the round 23 matches could be repeated the following week in the finals, Brisbane WC, Cats Melb, Fairypups Power.
    Hardwick claimed in the after-match press conference that Richmond will challenge for the flag again next year! They might try the Hawthorn trick of buying in experienced players from other teams with the hope of prolonging the dynasty. We all know where that leads. Best to bite the bullet now, recognise that youth is needed and start to go back to the draft while gradually offloading older players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Hardwick claimed in the after-match press conference that Richmond will challenge for the flag again next year! They might try the Hawthorn trick of buying in experienced players from other teams with the hope of prolonging the dynasty. We all know where that leads. Best to bite the bullet now, recognise that youth is needed and start to go back to the draft while gradually offloading older players.
    A close mate who is a mad Tigers fan has been advocating this (re-build) since half way through the season. He thinks Cotchin, Houli and few others should give it away at year's end and trade a few out, to go to the Draft with a good hand (Rioli was one he called to be traded).
    Last edited by KSAS; 14th August 2021 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Richmond are in denial. Too much arrogance from coach, players. The game plan has been found out. The tall towers are easily controlled if you get the match ups right. Their backs do not like playing man on man they like to zone and you can create space from this. We were the team that pulled their game plan to pieces and murdered them.

If you don't recognise your failures as well as you achievements then you will drown in mediocracy. They have been elite but now they aren't. Their players do not have the hunger any more. Get rid of some of the players. Regenerate the list a bit with players hungry for the same success. But most importantly they must change the game plan.

I think GWS were very good. Have been the last two weeks. The Cats game told me something, not about GWS but about the Cats. They will not win the premiership because if they come up against several sides they WILL lose. Dees, GWS, Swans & Dogs. Even Port run them. That means Cats are close to the end of their run. They will need to retire almost half their side after 2022.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Good post +1

On a separate note
    I don’t usually like Hawthorn ..now that there’s a few unknowns playing it’s hard to dislike them as much as when you knew Hodge and Roughie were playing ..they’re actually looking pretty good ..it’s high pressure and plenty of good ball movement ..
    That loss we had against them stacks up well with their from since ..they did come off a bye and we were backing up after five days

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast