Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. Have the elimination finals started?

With that loss, the Saints are pretty much gone. Their only path is for West Coast and Essendon to lose both their final two games and for Richmond to lose their last. Even then, they would have to make up 7% on West Coast.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    With that loss, the Saints are pretty much gone. Their only path is for West Coast and Essendon to lose both their final two games and for Richmond to lose their last. Even then, they would have to make up 7% on West Coast.
    More than happy to have them out of the equation!

In the end Port scored 140 to Blues paltry 45. Teague is not only gone he's shot out of a cannon, or by a cannon I don't know which. Saints could not maintain their run against Cats. I hate watching Cats games. I hate the way they play. They strangle the football out of the game. It becomes a putridly boring keep the ball off the opponent and bore them into submission game. If you break their control of the ball, like GWS did you can kill them with pace. The reason they play slow, tempo footy is because they a @@@@ing slow.

I hope the Cats get bundled out in straight sets. That would be best for ratings. If they make the GF it will be the most boring match of the century. Come to think of it last years was almost the most boring of all time. The fact that Richmond are not much more exciting didn't help. The slow and steady Cats v the Balmain Tigers, oops Richmond Tigers.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Suddenly Geelong and Port are top two on the ladder. Dogs down to fourth with Dees able to retake top spot tomorrow. It's tight at the top.....and had we not dropped certain games to low sides, we could have been right up there with them.

GWS only beat Geelong because they kicked straight.
    But losing Stewart is a big loss for the Cats.

Senior Player
    We somehow need West Coast to get to seventh rather than the Giants. But that is unlikely on account of them (WC) being useless.
    Though a Swans-Giants final could be interesting as both teams now playing identical game styles.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Posted yesterday on the potential joy of the Dogs losing in straight sets in the finals.

They are now at real risk of finishing fifth. One final. Out. Please.

Make it happen.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    We somehow need West Coast to get to seventh rather than the Giants. But that is unlikely on account of them (WC) being useless.
    Though a Swans-Giants final could be interesting as both teams now playing identical game styles.
    Because the Eagles play Brisbane in the last round and the ladder flips us up to 5th if Eagles win, it pretty much guarantees us either playing GWS or Essendon in an elimination final. I know we would never tank in the final round however if we lost to Gold Coast it is a much better scenario where we possibly play West Coast in first week of finals.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I would rather avoid them. WC in Victoria could almost be chalked in as a comfortable win.....not so sure about GWS, who are very dangerous atm.

Don't think Weagles are going to be playing finals even if they beat the violet crumbles tonight

Really want them in as I don't want Essendon to make it!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Don't think Weagles are going to be playing finals even if they beat the violet crumbles tonight
    50 point first quarter from Fremantle.

Essendon and GWS are the 7th and 8th best teams and both will be a challenge in the first week. It doesn't matter if we finish 5th or 6th.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast