Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Round 22 V North Melbourne @Marvel

A win! Take em every time. I thought our defence last night demonstrated the absence of Lloyd. His composure and smarts could have come in handy in the second half when the game looked like slipping away. Fingers crossed we get Lloyd, Mills, Kennedy, Warner and Franklin in contention for the Finals. Methinks Campbell is still underdone. Reid is a tease.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Well he obviously is a golden child ! I said half a dozen others were poor to and no one pulled me up on it at all , but i say the kid who barely touched it for a half was poor and copped the usual . I said he was good in the first half couldnt have been clearer about it even said it during the match but if you cant even call out someone who has done nothing for a half of footy when they are playing for their spot then there is something seriously wrong. I'd hate to agree with Bangalore and the rightwing quacks about free speech but its begs the question ! You are seeing what you want to see , he was one of half a dozen i said werent good enough

Whatever , thought Florent was the bigger problem last night and Wicks goal kicking is shocking
    You cop the usual because you are usually completely off with your “ opinions “ on this particular player and choose to ignore actual facts so I will repeat what I had already posted because you obviously didn't read it or don’t want to accept it

RB was hardly on the ground after half time and his 4 touches all came early in the third quarter.
    That’s why he went missing he was on the bench 😀

Hi all,

I mentioned earlier in the week North's midfield numbers particularly their clearance work. For a wooden spooner they have been well on top most weeks in clearances and centre clearances! In this game we won clearances by 6 and centre clearances by 9! This helped our inside 50 edge, which we won by 20! We also won contested possessions and had more tackles! This is great to see. Our midfield has rolled it's sleeves up and got to work these last few weeks! Parker is the well deserved best and fairest favourite (and a serious Brownlow chance imho) but the unsung heroes of our midfield deserve their dues. Joey just keeps on keeping on, Hewett is ever reliable, and Hickey makes up for his hitout defecit by serving as an extra mid at the ground level!

Things will only get better with Mills & 'the Chad' still to return! If our midfield can keep these sorts of numbers up and our forwards, who are a bit out of touch lately, can sync up - they could take us deep into finals!!

Veterans List
    Well he obviously is a golden child ! I said half a dozen others were poor to and no one pulled me up on it at all , but i say the kid who barely touched it for a half was poor and copped the usual . I said he was good in the first half couldnt have been clearer about it even said it during the match but if you cant even call out someone who has done nothing for a half of footy when they are playing for their spot then there is something seriously wrong. I'd hate to agree with Bangalore and the rightwing quacks about free speech but its begs the question ! You are seeing what you want to see , he was one of half a dozen i said werent good enough

Whatever , thought Florent was the bigger problem last night and Wicks goal kicking is shocking
    I acknowledge that you pay out on others players and occasionally give RB credit where it's due but it's just that RB gets that extra level of vitriol when he, in your eyes, isn't so effective or has a quiet period in a game or makes a clanger or two.....which happens to many players at different stages of a game. The doubling down on this uber negative attitude in response to reasonable opposing opinion is getting tiresome. Give it a rest....or just tone it down a bit. I think that is all RWO'ers ask. Cry free speech if you want...but that's a cop out......ideally free speech should always be measured and respectful and without malice. In a perfect world anyway. We can always dream.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    You cop the usual because you are usually completely off with your “ opinions “ on this particular player and choose to ignore actual facts so I will repeat what I had already posted because you obviously didn't read it or don’t want to accept it

RB was hardly on the ground after half time and his 4 touches all came early in the third quarter.
    That’s why he went missing he was on the bench 😀
    What? He wasn't getting any possessions while on the bench? What a bludger. Almost as bad as Blakey in the last quarter and O'Riordan in the first three. Went missing!
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    What? He wasn't getting any possessions while on the bench? What a bludger. Almost as bad as Blakey in the last quarter and O'Riordan in the first three. Went missing!
    It's not just about him not getting any of the ball whilst on the bench either. Did you notice his body language? All that slouching. Very poor.
    And he wasn't vocal either, just chatting quietly to the other blokes next to him on the bench. The guys on the field take a lot of their cues and
    draw inspiration from the guys on the bench. And what did James give them? Nothing. It's a miracle we won. I've seen the teams stats from
    the periods when he is on the bench and his poor body language is really damaging.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I think people enjoy saying BS as a subtle means to stick the boot in.

Let’s change the focus.

I’ve had a bit to say on Papley’s umpiring abuse but I’m really liking the impact he’s having at the centre bounces. Great coaching move by Longmire to have Papley in there. Terrific pace, power and intensity at the ball and ball carrier. He drifts forward straight after the bounce.

What do people think our best Finals centre square combination.

I think it’s:

Hickey, Parker, Mills and Papley.
    Hickey, Mills, Warner, Papley.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    It's not just about him not getting any of the ball whilst on the bench either. Did you notice his body language? All that slouching. Very poor.
    And he wasn't vocal either, just chatting quietly to the other blokes next to him on the bench. The guys on the field take a lot of their cues and
    draw inspiration from the guys on the bench. And what did James give them? Nothing. It's a miracle we won. I've seen the teams stats from
    the periods when he is on the bench and his poor body language is really damaging.
    I know right.

I also saw the moment where others players on the bench clapped at least seven times to applaud one of Hayward's final quarter goals, and James only clapped six times. Awful. Clearly not serious about his career.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I like it. The only reason I didn’t go for that combo is that Chad is still to come back and Parker’s brute strength and power would be useful in there.

I feel strongly that the above is the ideal centre square combination for round 1 next year. Strength and intelligence of Mills to link up with the pace, intensity, tackling and line breaking power of Papley and Chad.

Parker starts at half forward and swaps straight away with Papley.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What a joke not having Parker in our starting midfield , wins Bobby this year

How are calls like this allowed but others arent

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What a joke not having Parker in our starting midfield , wins Bobby this year

How are calls like this allowed but others arent
    They pretty much all are. I think if you go back through basically every thread on this site at the moment, you will see ' blah blah blah James blah blah blah hopeless blah blah blah no good blah blah blah something be done about him blah blah blah not serious about his career blah blah blah the Chad poster above my bed looks good '. Like, lots of it, generated by one person.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    They pretty much all are. I think if you go back through basically every thread on this site at the moment, you will see ' blah blah blah James blah blah blah hopeless blah blah blah no good blah blah blah something be done about him blah blah blah not serious about his career blah blah blah the Chad poster above my bed looks good '. Like, lots of it, generated by one person.
    Your better than that I’m Uninformed.