Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 22 V North Melbourne @Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    Cool. I learned via The Bloods podcast that getting him a placement at a sydney hospital (name ??) was crucial to his movement to syd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does he have a podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Reid’s missed goal was what got them so close IMO.

Savage Centre clearance with a lace out pass 25-30 straight in front. That kick has to be nailed.
    Reid is becoming more useless by the week. I have always been an apologist for Sammy. I actually like him and remember his heroics in the 2012 GF. But his inability to hit even the most simple 30 metre kick for goal is astounding. Also he offers little in the way of ruck intervention against a proper second ruck.

I would drop him in favour of Amartey next week. Franklin will be iced until finals I think.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Does he have a podcast?
    Not The Bloods but Bloods

Does he have a podcast?
    No, not everything is about your deity

The podcast is called "The Bloods'.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Guess they were not trying to hard given they can't improve position but gee, nearly played themselves into a loss and about as unenjoyable a win as you'll see.

Good that Hickey brought some spirit to the final quarter at least.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more of the same next week.

Didn't look good for Blakey unfortunately, so some decisions for the finals team. Wouldn't want to see Dawson go back now, so COR into defence? Offers more than Melican on tonight's showing anyway.
    Melican was OK for a first up. It wasn't his,​fault there was no pressure upfield.

Regular in the Side
    Does he have a podcast?
    Not sure, perhaps look it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Senior Player
    Does he have a podcast?
    Why not ask yourself 😀

The way some of the top teams are getting beaten the past couple of weeks, any win is a positive. It was a dead rubber game, so we didn't play that badly all things considered. The Swans were pretty loose defensively, but we haven't been great all year. A reasonable 1st game back for Melican. He made a few errors, but was solid enough for a player who usually takes a few games to get in form. Hi presence helped giving some more room for Rampe and Cunningham to go on the offence.

After good 1st halves, both Jmac and RB fell off the pace in the 2nd half. It's a worry that RB hasn't been able to finish off games this year and how much it's related to his injury and ability to get into a normal training routine. When he's up and about, he's been very solid.

In fairness to NM. They're a much better team since mid season. There's plenty of talent on their list and are no easy beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Reid’s missed goal was what got them so close IMO.

Savage Centre clearance with a lace out pass 25-30 straight in front. That kick has to be nailed.
    Terrible miss. & most of us knew it was gonna go that way. When you only get 10 touches, they must all count. Some lazy looking handpasses didn’t help either. Capable of much more.

I noticed a few of Swans went up to David Noble after game and gave him a hug, Ramler and Blakey and some others.
    Is anyone aware of the connection?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Reid is becoming more useless by the week. I have always been an apologist for Sammy. I actually like him and remember his heroics in the 2012 GF. But his inability to hit even the most simple 30 metre kick for goal is astounding. Also he offers little in the way of ruck intervention against a proper second ruck.

I would drop him in favour of Amartey next week. Franklin will be iced until finals I think.

I think with ruckman and key forwards we have to defer to Ludwig.

I liked McLean tonight. Great hands.

Does Ludwig feel that McLean should replace Reid in the finals and that the key forward combination should be McLean and Franklin?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Well we can take nothing out of this. Terrible game. Play like this in a final, because that is all we will get, we get annihilated. @@@@ing disgraceful. No real pressure and we disposed so badly. Only one quarter did we really play well. The first. Even though we disposed better in the second we simy couldn't score.

We were @@@@. It is my honest opinion. The longer the season has gone the worse we have got. We had some really close games against reasonably good sides and then we fall down against the easybeats. How did this mob, who are at this stage of their development @@@@ing ordinary, get close to us. Well look no further than two coaches, the mids coach and the defensive coach. Not only that what about getting the players to play for each other and maintain intensity for a whole game
    Come on down Captain Positive! Of course they'll play better in the finals. Some of our recent wins have shown real character and belief after being soundly challenged early. Maybe hub life is starting to grate a little, family distractions?.....who knows but let's face it, this was a nothing game....win, we end the round sixth......lose, we end the round sixth. Same next week. Yawn. Bring on the finals...they'll be up for it, for the first week at least and who knows from there.