Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 v Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Fox is unlucky. He is so much better than Melican it’s not funny.

Good that they stuck with McLean.
    Captain, no. The Pelican is needed for height and Robbie can’t counter tall, powerful forwards. He is good on the smaller guys but we have them covered with Harry and Lloyd, who do it better. Hard to find a spot for him in defence when everyone is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Captain, no. The Pelican is needed for height and Robbie can’t counter tall, powerful forwards. He is good on the smaller guys but we have them covered with Harry and Lloyd, who do it better. Hard to find a spot for him in defence when everyone is fit.
    I disagree, last year showed he can take the 2nd or 3rd tall due to his leap and athleticism (a la a poor man's Rampe). Sure you don't want him on the big key forwards like Hawkins, Dixon and McKay, but I think the belief he can't play on tall forwards is a total misconception that I've seen a few times now on RWO.

Bangalore and TB- please stop your obsession with Chad! We all know he is a very talented young man but he has only played a handful of games and he has all in front of him. He will be a permanent member of our team but for now, for whatever reason, the MC doesn’t think he is ready. Next week is another story and he may very well be in the team.

I think it’s wrong to ask why others are playing this week ahead of him- obviously he is deemed by the coaches as not yet ready: simple as that! Nothing to do with ability, as you are suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Despite the religious like flagellation of some on this thread, the changes make some degree of sense to me as well.

I'm suprised they haven't gone with Warner, but I'm comfortable in the knowledge that by far the best judges of whether he should be selected are the coaches and the selection panel. But it would now be a big call to bring him in for the first final off no really serious hit outs.

I don't necessarily agree that Reid is necessarily straight back in for the final - given his tank, if Mclean can have a good game on the weekend, he might do enough to hold Reid out (The trade off here is McLean's ability to run hard with a big tank vs Reid's versatility in terms of being able to go back if need be and be a spare man, and also his experience too). But I lean towards him quite possibly being a back in for the elimination final unless Mclean manages a 'must pick me' performance this week.
    AND if either one gets in front of goal I know who I would have far more confidence in potting it !

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I disagree, last year showed he can take the 2nd or 3rd tall due to his leap and athleticism (a la a poor man's Rampe). Sure you don't want him on the big key forwards like Hawkins, Dixon and McKay, but I think the belief he can't play on tall forwards is a total misconception that I've seen a few times now on RWO.
    Lomgmile, let’s recall he was delisted but then recalled. Robbie can be good but let’s face it- with his leap and athleticism he should be doing more in a backline that has often been under siege. The Pelican has height and strength in his favour but I grant you he may not be much better. He needs to play in this game in case he is needed for the finals- that’s my take on it. Good to have Robbie available if needed and it will depend on the matchups who is selected.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agreed. Melican is too slow and unskilled to play in a finals side.

I think Fox is severely underrated in defence. Hopefully he comes back next week, he provides great drive off half back to which is needed in absence of Blakey.
    Hopefully Robbie is being managed rather that omitted. He has played every game since round 8.
    Maybe the match committee are just getting an extra game into Melican and O'Riordan so they better understand their options in the elimination final
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Lomgmile, let’s recall he was delisted but then recalled. Robbie can be good but let’s face it- with his leap and athleticism he should be doing more in a backline that has often been under siege. The Pelican has height and strength in his favour but I grant you he may not be much better. He needs to play in this game in case he is needed for the finals- that’s my take on it. Good to have Robbie available if needed and it will depend on the matchups who is selected.
    The Swans admitted it was a stuff up. They intended to keep him on the rookie list and the AFL had changed the rules.

Sure Fox isn't an elite KPB, but with McCartin and Rampe he's good on the 2nd or 3rd tall and provides much more attack, rebound and run out of defence than Melican

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    It can’t be that’s Chad’s not perfectly fit. Rowbottom is not perfectly fit and is only putting together a half of football at the moment. He keeps getting selected.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Spot on
    Maybe he just isn't taking his career seriously and the selectors are telling him to buck up by not picking him......

After all if such baseless nonsense can be thrown around about other players, why not Chad?

I'm sure the real reason is much more mundane lol.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Maybe he just isn't taking his career seriously and the selectors are telling him to buck up by not picking him......

After all if such baseless nonsense can be thrown around about other players, why not Chad?

I'm sure the real reason is much more mundane lol.
    And you should keep raising it till something is done about him!!!!!!!!!!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Spot on
    That reply took much longer to surface than usual.
    I wonder if the selectors simply think a half fit Rowbottom is a better option than your preferred alternative?
    Could it be he is being selected because he is doing what the match committee ask of him.
    Maybe, and this is going to hurt TB so you may want to be seated when you read it, Chad isn’t actually as good ( yet ) as you tell us he is . Hmmmmm time for the conspiracy theories.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    That reply took much longer to surface than usual.
    I wonder if the selectors simply think a half fit Rowbottom is a better option than your preferred alternative?
    Could it be he is being selected because he is doing what the match committee ask of him.
    Maybe, and this is going to hurt TB so you may want to be seated when you read it, Chad isn’t actually as good ( yet ) as you tell us he is . Hmmmmm time for the conspiracy theories.
    Kidding