Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 23 v Gold Coast Suns

Ins: Buddy, the Chad, COR.
    Outs: Blakey, Joey (injured), Wicks (managed)

Medical Sub: Lloyd.

I’m assuming we want to rest Mills a bit more, though I don’t quite understand how he needs rest and yet needs to play at the same time. After all, he was pulled from the Saints game, so an extra rest may be beneficial. Can our medico fans please enlighten here?

Maybe rest big Tom as well and then bring in Joel as first ruck.

I’m sticking with Colin at HB and giving Lloyd a rest, though as sub. No need to risk Joey in this game and clearly Warner needs to come in.

Though the result in this game may not be too significant, we still want to win it
    as winning form is good form. Hence keep changes to a minimum and rest only those who really need it, like Wicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Ins: Buddy, the Chad, COR.
    Outs: Blakey, Joey (injured), Wicks (managed)

Medical Sub: Lloyd.

I’m assuming we want to rest Mills a bit more, though I don’t quite understand how he needs rest and yet needs to play at the same time. After all, he was pulled from the Saints game, so an extra rest may be beneficial. Can our medico fans please enlighten here?

Maybe rest big Tom as well and then bring in Joel as first ruck.

I’m sticking with Colin at HB and giving Lloyd a rest, though as sub. No need to risk Joey in this game and clearly Warner needs to come in.

Though the result in this game may not be too significant, we still want to win it
    as winning form is good form. Hence keep changes to a minimum and rest only those who really need it, like Wicks.
    I like it would mind swapping Lloyd and Wicks around as the sub . We need Lloyd cherry ripe for that first final .
    If no more injuries and everyone is right to go there is going to be some stiff players miss that first final .

If Chad doesn’t play this week I can’t see him being picked for first final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    I like it would mind swapping Lloyd and Wicks around as the sub . We need Lloyd cherry ripe for that first final .
    If no more injuries and everyone is right to go there is going to be some stiff players miss that first final .

If Chad doesn’t play this week I can’t see him being picked for first final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the news our final VFL fixture has been scrapped and they have gone straight into the finals, that might be the incentive to get Chad back in this week. If there wasn't one already! Because after this week with no VFL games on it will be hard for anyone left out of the 22 to make their case as McLean, Campbell have in recent weeks! Doubt they will let an opportunity to get Chad back in slip.. but stranger things have happened!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    I do not know Rowbottom, TB. I know his family, and have met James several times. That is the extent of it. That wouldn't have become known if I hadn't had to defend personal attacks on his character and his professionalism that I knew to be unfounded and untrue!

Back to the topic at hand, I said that I would prefer Chad in the team right now, in a respectful way that did not denigrate or diminish Rowbottom's contributions. It is possible to do! There's nothing wrong with liking one player more than another! We would all be fine with you rating Chad over James if you kept it to that, and didn't accompany every comment with nefarious and nasty swipes!

I hope this gets moved to the appropriate Rowbottom thread, as you have managed to take a well-meaning comment about this week's selections and turn it into the usual antics, and I see I have fallen for it.
    Great post, and loved the use of the word nefarious. Should be employed more often.

Veterans List
    Sometimes reading RWO threads is like reading a heavily redacted FOI document......but I guess this is 'off topic'.....so redact away!

This might be judged as stirring the pot but seriously, don't you think adults can have a conversation that, within a certain topic, has a few awkward tangents that might be/can be worked through, like adults are supposed to? Or is it inevitably going to become a @@@@show that needs cancelling before it starts?
    Last edited by stevoswan; 17th August 2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Sometimes reading RWO threads is like reading a heavily redacted FOI document......but I guess this is 'off topic'.....so redact away!
    I'm waiting for one of your +1 posts to be redacted.

Maybe you'll just get a warning and your post will be changed to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm waiting for one of your +1 posts to be redacted.

Maybe you'll just get a warning and your post will be changed to 0.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    With the news our final VFL fixture has been scrapped and they have gone straight into the finals, that might be the incentive to get Chad back in this week. If there wasn't one already! Because after this week with no VFL games on it will be hard for anyone left out of the 22 to make their case as McLean, Campbell have in recent weeks! Doubt they will let an opportunity to get Chad back in slip.. but stranger things have happened!!
    Looking forward to having Chad back.

Would I be able to ask you Neon and TheBloods, as two of the early adopters of Chadism, to speculate on the potential impact of Chad on the current Swans midfield mix? Will Chad be able to come back in and straight away start breaking lines and playing with that daring confidence. Will Chad take some time to build up to that impact he displayed in the first couple of weeks of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Would I be able to ask you Neon and TheBloods, as two of the early adopters of Chadism, to speculate on the potential impact of Chad on the current Swans midfield mix? Will Chad be able to come back in and straight away start breaking lines and playing with that daring confidence. Will Chad take some time to build up to that impact he displayed in the first couple of weeks of the season?
    Hi Bangalore,

I don't know if I like the 'Chadism' tag! I am certainly not as enamoured with young Chad as you & TheBloods are, though I think your enthusiasm and support for him is a great thing! I do love Chad though. Don't we all?

I mentioned a few pages back that I thought Chad might've played a few extra VFL games than we anticipated so that he would be READY when he comes back! What's holding back our other young midfielder is that he is still being limited because of how interrupted his season has been.. every time he has tried to go back to the VFL to gain match fitness, he's had to be rushed back in as an emergency - 3 games in the last half a dozen weeks he started as an 'emergency' but has ended up playing.. not ideal!! They will want to avoid this with Chad. Give him every chance to be match fit in the VFL so that when he returns he will be the Chad we know and love.. breaking lines.. playing with confidence..

But i am not privy to what the coaches are privy to.. it may be a wait and see thing.. if there are 3 changes already with those senior 'ins' maybe they decide any more unforced changes is too much?? It really depends on how much they want Chad in the team..

Bangalore, appreciate your enthusiasm for the Chad, but don’t go overboard- it’s a team game and we want 22 contributors. I’m sure he will go ok if he is selected, which he should be, and he doesn’t have to be break lines to make his presence felt. This game is a preparation for the finals, and that will be the time when he will be needed to bring his best.

Remember all those years ago when people were attempting to have Jedi recognised as a religion on the census? A little surprised that there wasn’t a push by some for Chad to be recognised as a deity on the census just gone

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Remember all those years ago when people were attempting to have Jedi recognised as a religion on the census? A little surprised that there wasn’t a push by some for Chad to be recognised as a deity on the census just gone
    Chad IS a Jedi according to Bangalore and TB- didn’t you know? They sure know where the sun shines!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast