Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 23: the other games. The prelude to finals and the prelude to Mad Monday.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Suck on them Dogs
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I’ll take a throw call with less than a minute to go
    Power won the free kick count clearly and the Pups got pulled up for holding the ball, dropping the ball and, yes, even throwing the ball!!

Bulldogs have lost the free kick count 2 weeks in a row now!

Is the umpire's love affair with the Fairypuppies over???

Go Power!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Did I just see a rare cosmic event? A throw being called against the fairypuppies at a key moment in a big game.

Quick - better go and buy a powerball ticket.

Suck it fairypuppies - now take your chance Brisbane and knock 'em out of the 4!
    It was a satisfying moment, wasn't it? I've almost forgiven Ray, for the crap that he served up in our loss to Hawthorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Power won the free kick count clearly and the Pups got pulled up for holding the ball, dropping the ball and, yes, even throwing the ball!!

Bulldogs have lost the free kick count 2 weeks in a row now!

Is the umpire's love affair with the Fairypuppies over???

Go Power!
    Maybe after five years or so, the AFL has decided that their dodgy disposal style, should be put under a bit of scrutiny.

Port somehow fumbled and bumbled and butchered their way to an amazing win , thanks to the exceptional skills of Gray and Boak .

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    So pleased the Dogs lost.
    I hated them in the 90s when they were full of filthy squirrel grippers like Liberatore Snr, Dimmatina, Romero ( who learned their stuff from the previous generation of notorious Dog squirrel grippers like Terry Wheeler). I still remember Paul Kelly getting off after delivering a very clear punch because the provocation from Dimmatina was both caught on video and decidedly unsportsmanlike.
    Then they were gifted a flag at our expense by being kissed on the genitals by the umpiring fairy. A team that was so fair they didn't give away a single free kick in nearly three quarters? It's never been done before or since. Please.
    I will never wish them any success. Ever. Couldn't be happier for Port.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    A team that was so fair they didn't give away a single free kick in nearly three quarters? It's never been done before or since. Please.
    This is the only fact one has to put up to show just how much of a joke the umpiring was that day. I will buy to some extent the old 'first to the ball adage' that the fairypups will roll out blah blah blah to some degree. But htat good that they didn't give away a single free kick in nearly three quarters. I reckon in the entire history of VFL/AFL history, its probably happened once...... especially when one takes into account the tough, physical nature of that contest. Hard, fierce contested footy all game.

So forever in the day, the fairypuppies can go jump for mine. Hope they mire for another however many years till they win another flag - or we get the chance for ultimate revenge at some point (preferably involving an after the siren free kick to win the game after one of their 1,423,255 throws for the night is pulled up!). I could then die a very happy man.

Until that time, I'll maintain the rage!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Great result last night, any time the Fairypups get beaten is sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Can we please see - mainly because they are a pathetic, joke of a club - Carlton beat the plastics. Like, of all the ways GWS could be knocked out of finals, losing to Carlton would be magnificent.
    More chance of a big lotto win than that happening, this is the 2021 Carlton we're talking about!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    This is the only fact one has to put up to show just how much of a joke the umpiring was that day. I will buy to some extent the old 'first to the ball adage' that the fairypups will roll out blah blah blah to some degree. But htat good that they didn't give away a single free kick in nearly three quarters. I reckon in the entire history of VFL/AFL history, its probably happened once...... especially when one takes into account the tough, physical nature of that contest. Hard, fierce contested footy all game.

So forever in the day, the fairypuppies can go jump for mine. Hope they mire for another however many years till they win another flag - or we get the chance for ultimate revenge at some point (preferably involving an after the siren free kick to win the game after one of their 1,423,255 throws for the night is pulled up!). I could then die a very happy man.

Until that time, I'll maintain the rage!
    With you wholeheartedly! Never, ever forget!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Can we please see - mainly because they are a pathetic, joke of a club - Carlton beat the plastics. Like, of all the ways GWS could be knocked out of finals, losing to Carlton would be magnificent.
    I can sense your fear because without Kennedy or Blakey, the giants midfield will monster us, but there are two problems with this theory.
    1) you are relying on Carlton. Maybe if they had sacked teague, but they didn't.
    2) if GWS lose then we would face essendon in the final. I'd rather face the giants.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I can sense your fear because without Kennedy or Blakey, the giants midfield will monster us, but there are two problems with this theory.
    1) you are relying on Carlton. Maybe if they had sacked teague, but they didn't.
    2) if GWS lose then we would face essendon in the final. I'd rather face the giants.
    Oh no, it wasn’t about any of that. It’d just be funny to see the plastics miss the finals, particularly by losing to Carlton when they shouldn’t.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

While we all have our pet hates in AFL, the absolute steely focus must be what's best for the Swans.
    My wish: Dogs finishing 5 th and getting thrashed by Essendon, although tempting, is a long way behind Swans winning finals.

Regular in the Side
    Interesting now as four teams now have no incentive to win as it will only drop them one position down the ladder and they can not play finals. Don't expect too much from St Kilda, Carlton, Collingwood or Adelaide though it probably does not matter for Collingwood as they have traded out of the first round so will only affect later rounds.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast