Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Round 23: the other games. The prelude to finals and the prelude to Mad Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Lyon is a very ordinary human being. I'm so glad that he didn't stay around when he was considered the front runner for the Swans job but went to St Kilda instead. There I remember the night they lost a final and his farewell speech to the broken hearted players included naming those he was delisting. Then he snuck out of the club altogether, leaving them in the lurch for Freo. He has managed to never win a Premiership with some very talented teams so long may that continue.
    I guess he took St Kilda rebuilt by Grant Thomas and Fremantle largely rebuilt by Harvey to big heights and claimed a lot of credit along the way.

He will probably get Carlton at a similar point.

The difference with Carlton compared with St Kilda and Fremantle is that the Carlton’s board have a 2022 expectation of making finals.

Making the final 8 is not an easy achievement in a 18 team competition.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I know there are strong feelings about the Hawks on this forum.

Does anybody feel satisfied that the Hawks are now going to have a significant amount of their 2022 football cap allocated to funding Clarko’s overseas study tours.

By not taking another coaching job, Clarko has inflicted maximum football department pain on Sam Mitchell.
    Schadenfreude. If that is a symptom of a small and petty mind - then I plead guilty.
    Unfortunately in contrasted to Carlton, Hawthorn appear to be able to competently recruit and develop players.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Schadenfreude. If that is a symptom of a small and petty mind - then I plead guilty.
    Unfortunately in contrasted to Carlton, Hawthorn appear to be able to competently recruit and develop players.
    Correct weight. The idea a board, CEO and footy department that have underperformed for a decade got off scot free, and they just nicked off some coaches, shows everything wrong with the joint. Carlton's development of its players is dreadful. Only the true exceptions, like Walsh or Weitering, survive.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112