Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Round 23 v Gold Coast Suns Home Game at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I recall that you post brilliant stuff on ACL’s and other injuries. I always assumed based on the medical insights in your posts that you had either physio or medical experience.

No need to post credentials.

In the future if I want to know something about injuries, I will ask you.

I have no medical experience so won’t post any more on injuries.

I just felt that they took Mills into the game not fully fit and most probably knew that it was touch and go if Mills will get through. I will ask for your opinion on this and other injury matters in the future.
    Provisional TBDt63891.jpg

GoSwannies credentials under review, but I would give hive a gold star.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Provisional TBDt63891.jpg

GoSwannies credentials under review, but I would give hive a gold star.
    Wow, Go Swannies has the Bangalore seal of approval. Fantastic and congrats. Now we all have something to aspire towards.

Mills had 2 reasons to play.

Prove he can impact the game. (on 1.5 legs) Yep did that

And not make the leg any worse.. (Rested once he had proved #1)

Ready to go on 1.5+ legs for next week

IMO

I recall that you post brilliant stuff on ACL’s and other injuries. I always assumed based on the medical insights in your posts that you had either physio or medical experience.

No need to post credentials.

In the future if I want to know something about injuries, I will ask you.

I have no medical experience so won’t post any more on injuries.

I just felt that they took Mills into the game not fully fit and most probably knew that it was touch and go if Mills will get through. I will ask for your opinion on this and other injury matters in the future.
    Who needs goswannies when we have Gerard Healy?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Who needs goswannies when we have Gerard Healy?
    F2B1B131-DBF4-4240-A5CC-507CD8653D1F.jpeg

Oooohhhww… careful with that achilles.

When the Swans sang the song after the win in Round 23, they were not in the usual circle, but had an opening and some players were glancing into that space.

What was that all about?

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    When the Swans sang the song after the win in Round 23, they were not in the usual circle, but had an opening and some players were glancing into that space.

What was that all about?
    They had the staff that couldn't be there on the TV monitor singing with them

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Goswannies, I’m not understanding the Mills injury. How do make an injury better by continuing to play? A number of players have said that Mills’s injury needs game time to improve.

I’ve always been conditioned to think that injuries need rest and targeted rehabilitation to improve.

What is the difference with Mills’s injury?

Goswannies, I’m not understanding the Mills injury. How do make an injury better by continuing to play? A number of players have said that Mills’s injury needs game time to improve.

I’ve always been conditioned to think that injuries need rest and targeted rehabilitation to improve.

What is the difference with Mills’s injury?
    Without going into the minutiae of the rehab specifics, Achilles’ tendon injuries, tendinitis & tendinopathies are often managed with an incremental progressive loading program. This initially respects the acute injury and inflammatory period, followed by progressive loading the tendon to “normalise” the tendon via a process of remodelling. This should improve the tensile strength and elasticity of the tendon, strength of the calf etc. The loading program would be quite tailored and specific in terms of amount of load/force and timing of increased loads (some of which, in the longer term, would have been achieved by match simulation or game day). Mills’ 2 week quarantine, as a result of attending the rugby game, would likely have disrupted the schedule (while he could have continued to rehab in isolation, accurately managing the program would have been far more challenging).

Bottom line - most tissue (eg, tendons, bones) require some loading at the correct time and correct amount to facilitate recovery, and the nature of the injury (complete rupture, strains, sprains, tendinitis, tendinoparhy etc) will determine the amount and timing for the optimal recovery. This is hard to get right under ideal circumstance. An unanticipated 2 week hiatus stuffs it up royally.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Without going into the minutiae of the rehab specifics, Achilles’ tendon injuries, tendinitis & tendinopathies are often managed with an incremental progressive loading program. This initially respects the acute injury and inflammatory period, followed by progressive loading the tendon to “normalise” the tendon via a process of remodelling. This should improve the tensile strength and elasticity of the tendon, strength of the calf etc. The loading program would be quite tailored and specific in terms of amount of load/force and timing of increased loads (some of which, in the longer term, would have been achieved by match simulation or game day). Mills’ 2 week quarantine, as a result of attending the rugby game, would likely have disrupted the schedule (while he could have continued to rehab in isolation, accurately managing the program would have been far more challenging).

Bottom line - most tissue (eg, tendons, bones) require some loading at the correct time and correct amount to facilitate recovery, and the nature of the injury (complete rupture, strains, sprains, tendinitis, tendinoparhy etc) will determine the amount and timing for the optimal recovery. This is hard to get right under ideal circumstance. An unanticipated 2 week hiatus stuffs it up royally.
    Thank you Goswannies. Brilliant insights.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819