Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs GWS - elimination final

My Changes would be:

In: Fox, Warner, Reid
    Out: Mills, COR, Melican

This is obviously assuming JPK and Mills don't get up.

Is it in Tassie ?

Suspended by the MRP
    Need Chad and i reckon one of Mills / Jpk will get up , its a final

Ins Jpk, Chad, fox
    Outs Mills Rowbottom Oriordan

Didn't sound good for either Mills or JPK, with perhaps Mills a chance, but doubt if they will risk him. Would love to have Mills against the Giants.

At this early stage, I'm guessing it will be the team we had on the field after Mills was subbed out, except with Reid replacing McLean, giving the nod to experience.

In: Fox, Reid (Warner med sub)
    Out: Mills, McLean

However Reidy out of form , especially kicking action for goal .

Mills will play. Every final is elimination for us, and even at 70%, is still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Mills will play. Every final is elimination for us, and even at 70%, is still worth it.
    I hear you, except I don’t think the track record of playing injured players in finals is very good. Generally under the heavy pressure they break down quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I agree about the value of Mills, but not an injured Mills at 70%. We have good enough midfield depth to cover his absence. I would prefer to try to get him right for the following week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I hear you, except I don’t think the track record of playing injured players in finals is very good. Generally under the heavy pressure they break down quickly.
    Yes, I wouldn't take injured players into this game. David King was saying he could see GWS trying to bash their way into a grand final.
    I think I agree, the Giants are going to go down swinging. They will come after Mills & any players they suspect of being injured.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Need Chad and i reckon one of Mills / Jpk will get up , its a final

Ins Jpk, Chad, fox
    Outs Mills Rowbottom Oriordan
    Now that’s a surprising selection it’s almost as surprising as your complete lack of unfounded and biased posts about James and complete lack of adulation for Chad in your preseason posts. The same posts where you suggested we would finish between 14th and 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, I wouldn't take injured players into this game. David King was saying he could see GWS trying to bash their way into a grand final.
    I think I agree, the Giants are going to go down swinging. They will come after Mills & any players they suspect of being injured.
    And we have absolutely paid the price multiple times in the past for trying to carry in injured players. Not a good idea unless need must.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Is it in Tassie ?
    This is what Fox Sports are suggesting (but nothing is confirmed yet): Swans vs Giants, slated for Saturday afternoon at Blundstone Arena.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast