Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs GWS - elimination final

Taranto is a real threat and has really impressed in the last month or so. We can't be too negative but there are a couple we need to lockdown such as Green and Himmelberg as well as Taranto. The rest of their forward line just need our backs to man up and play their game. Melican can play Hogan, McCartin on Himmelberg and Rampke on Green. Our midfield need to on their game as Mumford will be back.

I have to disagree with some of the negative comments regarding Lloyd's kicking. He is one of the best kicks on the team. A lot of his kicks are easy ones, nonetheless, he has the best disposal efficiency at the Swans. Someone must think he's a pretty good kick to make him the designated kickout. (Provisional TBD).

Wicks didn't do too good a job on Brad Hill few weeks back. I would be hesitant to put him on Whitfield. I would leave Wicks closer to goal, and leading up into the midfield when needed.

I think recall Hewett playing on Whitfield in the past. He is capable, but needed in the middle with Mills and Kennedy both likely out for the game.

I would consider Campbell on Whitfield. I'm not sure how it would go. Maybe whoever is closest to him when the Giants get the ball should try to stick with him for that play. It's not a good idea to give him too much freedom.The Giants also have Kelly, who is similar in ability to hit targets in dangerous spots.

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    How do you see Warner’s role if Mills and Kennedy were both out and he’s fit to go in
    I think Papley is key if Kennedy and Mills are out. In my opinion Papley is the Swans best central square ball up player. He should be in at every centre bounce. He drifts forward after that.

I would have Chad in at around 60% of the centre bounces, but he would need around 30% bench time. Short sharp bursts from the comeback Chad.

You could move Dawson into a more inside midfield role to use his strength and magnificent skill skill set. Campbell then could move to the left wing when Dawson plays inside.

Need more from Florent and you need Rowbottom to continue his trajectory of improving form.

Well tickets booked , never thought I would ever see the swans play a final in my home state , but these are crazy times .
    I got on at 2:02 and was 180 odd in the que so at least a few Swans members in Tassie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I have to disagree with some of the negative comments regarding Lloyd's kicking. He is one of the best kicks on the team. A lot of his kicks are easy ones, nonetheless, he has the best disposal efficiency at the Swans. Someone must think he's a pretty good kick to make him the designated kickout. (Provisional TBD).

Wicks didn't do too good a job on Brad Hill few weeks back. I would be hesitant to put him on Whitfield. I would leave Wicks closer to goal, and leading up into the midfield when needed.

I think recall Hewett playing on Whitfield in the past. He is capable, but needed in the middle with Mills and Kennedy both likely out for the game.

I would consider Campbell on Whitfield. I'm not sure how it would go. Maybe whoever is closest to him when the Giants get the ball should try to stick with him for that play. It's not a good idea to give him too much freedom.The Giants also have Kelly, who is similar in ability to hit targets in dangerous spots.
    Just to be clear - I wasn't wanting to knock Lloyd as a kick (or a player). He's a reliable kick that usually hits the target he goes for (hence the kick in duties), and combined with his ability to overlap and run, an essential part of our movement.

But he's not the bloke, like say Dawson or Gulden, that'll take on the difficult or penetrating kick that completely busts open play. And that's the role Whitfield plays for them too. And along with Kelly when in form (or maybe Greene going inside 50), the only dangerous kick they have.

I'd say we have Dawson, Gulden, JMac, Buddy, Heeney, Rampe, Florent on a good day (fingers crossed), and Campbell if he gets into it, that can all do THAT kick. It's a real point of difference.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Buzz did you get a barcode yet? Sorry I got caught up in work and just came back here. If you still need mine, PM me your email address.
    Thanks Go Swannies- I did actually already get one - 5 x tickets purchased. Very excited to go cheer on the Red and White!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Thanks Go Swannies- I did actually already get one - 5 x tickets purchased. Very excited to go cheer on the Red and White!!
    Good on you. I got to two games at the Gold Coast and the boys are even more impressive live than on TV this year. Let's hope you see the same thumping of the Giants that I did (though hopefully the Swans remember to play the first quarter this time around.)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, from Horse's presser:

* He sounded like they'd be conservative with JPK
    * Mills has pulled up ok and they haven't given up hope he can play this week (and you almost sense they'll give him every chance till warm up on the day)
    * They wanted to tread slowly with Warner given he'd been out so long, was a second year player and needed conditioning till now - but sounds like he *might* be in the mix
    * He played his best poker face on Reid, but certainly wasn't talking him up
    * Amartey has had sore groin and only played half a scratch match last weekend
    * Logan has had a small cheekbone crack, and only getting back into training now
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I remember getting hit in the back of the head by my fifth form English teacher as I stared vacantly out the window at the (North Hobart)oval from
    the classroom when I was supposed to be giving my summation of a Patrick White novel (a book I hadn't read of course) to the rest of the class. Those were the days.
    Was the novel ‘Eye of the Storm’? Preparing yourself to sing ‘Shake down the thunder from the sky’ for the rest of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So, from Horse's presser:

* He sounded like they'd be conservative with JPK
    * Mills has pulled up ok and they haven't given up hope he can play this week (and you almost sense they'll give him every chance till warm up on the day)
    * They wanted to tread slowly with Warner given he'd been out so long, was a second year player and needed conditioning till now - but sounds like he *might* be in the mix
    * He played his best poker face on Reid, but certainly wasn't talking him up
    * Amartey has had sore groin and only played half a scratch match last weekend
    * Logan has had a small cheekbone crack, and only getting back into training now
    Based on that, I'm going:
    Ins: Chad (if Mills or JPK are out) Fox
    Outs: Mills COR
    McLean has done enough to keep his spot.
    Possibility one of Clarke, Bell, Gray or Taylor might get a start if Horse not convinced about Chad's ability to run out a game (assuming JPK and Mills out). If that happened, would be a massive downgrade on Mills / JPK / Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Based on that, I'm going:
    Ins: Chad (if Mills or JPK are out) Fox
    Outs: Mills COR
    McLean has done enough to keep his spot.
    Possibility one of Clarke, Bell, Gray or Taylor might get a start if Horse not convinced about Chad's ability to run out a game (assuming JPK and Mills out). If that happened, would be a massive downgrade on Mills / JPK / Chad
    I think they will probably name Mills and see how he goes after the warm up... So we might be left hanging re: Chad until the very last minute.

I think Reid v McLean is the big question mark for me. It would be a huge call not to play Reid given his finals experience. I wasn't sure whether the team that played Saturday was our best 22 or they were still figuring things out? My instinct is that McLean has overtaken Reid in the eyes of the MC, but all will be revealed on Thursday!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Well tickets booked , never thought I would ever see the swans play a final in my home state , but these are crazy times .
    I got on at 2:02 and was 180 odd in the que so at least a few Swans members in Tassie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should be plenty of Swans supporters at the ground! I know heaps of Melbourne based members that have passed on their barcodes to Tassie based Swans and I'm sure members from other states would be doing the same!

Gloveski, could you and our Tassie Swans PLEASE cheer loud enough for the rest of us who can't attend?

GO BLOODS!

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast