Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs GWS - elimination final

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    All things said and done he has had a pretty amazing career. He is not a bloke who will die wondering. Good for him.
    I'm sure we will be fully prepared for Mummy. If he doesn't create carnage early he will be spent by half time trying to chase big Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The Chadtheists are going to cream their pants over this.
    Chad can make a difference.

Knight Rider one man can make a difference - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    That’s actually pretty funny. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I'm sure we will be fully prepared for Mummy. If he doesn't create carnage early he will be spent by half time trying to chase big Tommy
    Yep all we need to do is keep him running all day long. Hold for until into the 3rd/4th and then take advantage.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Swans vs GWS - elimination final

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    That’s actually pretty funny. Well done.
    [Edit: have you ever tried your hand at deepfake ? It might be worth a turn.]

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yep all we need to do is keep him running all day long. Hold for until into the 3rd/4th and then take advantage.
    All the more reason why he might try and slow us down by throwing his weight around early in the game. It is surely much easier to chase a bruised and battered, hobbling opponent for someone like Mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I think this is a real concern. Their whole team is full of big bodies, but Mummy can be brutal. Our only saving grace might be the plushness of the Launceston playing surface in comparison to the rock hard deck of another venue.
    Wait until Paps tackles Mummy , he (M) won’t know what hit him .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Wonder if we will put hayward on that Haynes again , worked well last year

Or taylor
    Hayward to Haynes could be a good decision! If it's worked in the past, why not give it another go eh?

Taylor might be a taller ask.. and I mean that literally.. he plays a lot more contested than Haynes. Much more of a bulking 1v1 defender. We will rely on either Buddy or McLean to effectively work him over! Good luck to either of them... Taylor's in ripping form atm!

I don't think we get to pick all the match ups. Typically it is the defending team that picks the match ups - no? So Taylor is more likely to be deciding he'll match up on Buddy than the other way around. Otherwise I'd advocate that we keep Taylor's hands full with McLean.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    It says on the SMH site the game is sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Yes, we could do that, or we could give someone the task of taking him out. I sorta like Braeden Campbell for the job. He's so quick, it will be a bit like the rabbit scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Mummy idly thinking that there's no danger here, then WHACK! a young Braeden wrapped around his throat.

You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, we could do that, or we could give someone the task of taking him out. I sorta like Braeden Campbell for the job. He's so quick, it will be a bit like the rabbit scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Mummy idly thinking that there's no danger here, then WHACK! a young Braeden wrapped around his throat.

You know it makes sense.
    I think Blakey would have been the man for the job. I swear I thought he was going to kill some players went he tackled them in his beserk fashion.

But I rather fancy young Errol to tackle the Mummy.