Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans vs GWS - elimination final

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    There are two people on this forum who have managed to make Bigfooty civilised by comparison. I would appreciate it greatly if they stopped hijacking threads with their childish thoughts. I wish the mods could ban them so that the rest of this community could enjoy each others observations.
    Some of us might even come back on here and make our own comments and observations again...

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    barry how do you think Rowbottom would have gone playing at the grand old lady?
    I see what you did there Industrial

I don't think we need to create a firestorm of a thread that could make RWO self combust now do we

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    Went to the game in 2012, plenty of Swans supporters in Tassie. Hoping to get to Saturday's game as well
    One thing is for sure - there will be jack all GWS support at the game... so hopefully our Tassie based fans can make lots of noise and make it like a home final
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    I've just received my email with barcode, anyone in Tassie need it?
    Would love to if you can PM me?

Senior Player
    Here is a question ; what on earth has happened to the crowds at AFL games in Tasmania? They were sliding before last year, and now
    the average crowd in Hobart has dropped another 40% this year (from 10K to under 6K). In Launceston the average crowd has dropped
    another 30% (from just under 14K to just under 9K) this season alone. Weirdly the population of Hobart is twice that of Launceston.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Here is a question ; what on earth has happened to the crowds at AFL games in Tasmania? They were sliding before last year, and now
    the average crowd in Hobart has dropped another 40% this year (from 10K to under 6K). In Launceston the average crowd has dropped
    another 30% (from just under 14K to just under 9K) this season alone. Weirdly the population of Hobart is twice that of Launceston.
    Most of the games have been capped with crowd numbers this year which would impact. Along with hawks and kangaroos being near the bottom of the ladder I guess. Hobart is also not great for footy viewing - always super cold and windy down there.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Robbie Fox might not be a bad match up for Whitfield. Good defender and has the running capability
    So move Fox to the forward line? i'd prefer we back one of our forwards to hopefully limit his rebound and hurt him going the other way. Perhaps Hayward?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Most of the games have been capped with crowd numbers this year which would impact. Along with hawks and kangaroos being near the bottom of the ladder I guess. Hobart is also not great for footy viewing - always super cold and windy down there.
    Also old buggers like me might have thought twice about sitting amongst a crowd this year...?

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    So move Fox to the forward line? i'd prefer we back one of our forwards to hopefully limit his rebound and hurt him going the other way. Perhaps Hayward?
    i'm not sure Wilbur would have the running capability plus we need him kicking goals

Senior Player
    Whitfield as a number 1 draft pick obviously has some real ability and has shown this during this year . One thing that I found intriguing was that he likes to collect lots of uncontested possessions and doesn’t seem to be that keen on working for the ball .
    He also makes mistake when under pressure so someone who can sit on him and disrupt the freedom that he generally seems to find will minimise his impact . I am the first to admit that I am no expert and there are plenty on this site that have much more knowledge than me but I would be interested to hear the thoughts of _______ ( insert random poster name here ) on how well George Hewett would go shadowing him?

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I actually like Fox around the ground ..he’s a clever player and plays the wing role well

What are GWS's weaknesses that we can exploit?

On paper, not many. They match up on us well with Sam Taylor in career best form to take on Buddy. Their midfield is more mature than ours, and the 3 prong forward line of Himmelburg (a bit soft, but ok), Hogan (can go missing) and Toby green (wear safety googles) will stretch us, if we dont control the midfield. Mummy will come in, and this is where Hickey should be able to run him around a lot. They may actually be tempted not to play mummy for that reason.

But the biggest weakness they have is that they play a very 'run of the mill', bog standard game plan, and still rely on individual talent to get the job done. This is where Horse and Pyke should go to town on playing the short precision game we had earlier in the year. Select all our best kickers and runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I would definitely be against banning or sanctioning either TB or BS.

TB has a mix of opinions like most of us. But he has an negative obsession about one particular player. But was that any worse than my own obsession with Tom Derickx? The only difference is that RB is a good player and, well, Tom Derickx was Tom Derickx. Eventually it will be overwhelmingly clear that Rowbottom is a good player and that should let the topic peter out.

BS is a somewhat different story. He is and expert in the ridiculous. It is a rare talent to have someone being able to pass a skewer through Socrates without causing him to bleed. Such is his talent. He shows us why some people hate Brian Taylor and others love him. BS needs to pick and choose his spots better. If not for Covid, I would offer BS some free lessons in the Ludwig Clown School, but a nasty spike protein has infected the schools website and all my current programmers are on ventilators, although I think some have filled the oxygen tanks with cannabis vapor.

Anyway, I think they are both trolling us, and I am up for the game.

As a partial disclaimer, if either BS or TB have a mental illness, join the club. If it gets to be too much for you, cut and run and try something else. Feel free to call me at Beyond Red and White, if you are being overwhelmed by irrational thoughts and need to chat to a prerecorded voice.
    This is so good

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast