Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1; the other games. Tasmania, home of football!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Stats can be so misleading. Cats are winning clearances, CP, tackles. My eyes would say the opposite.
    Although, a slight confound of those stats, is that frees are counted as contested possessions, and if they're given at ruck contests, they count as clearances.

Nice half time score. Wouldn't want to totally write Geelong off, but on the trend of the first half, it could get very ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although, a slight confound of those stats, is that frees are counted as contested possessions, and if they're given at ruck contests, they count as clearances.

Nice half time score. Wouldn't want to totally write Geelong off, but on the trend of the first half, it could get very ugly.
    I did not know that. Would certainly explain the CP discrepancy. I think Geelong are actually winning the clearances, particularly in the centre.

5 goal lead you'd think would be enough, but if Cats get on a roll they can score quickly.

I am enjoying the Port pressure. If we do play Geelong next week, they're going to be very battered and bruised.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Im getting pretty drunk so maybe not the best judge, but

* not sure I’ve seen Geelong fumble, turn it over and generally poo their pants like this too often
    * Port’s fans are really fugly. Like, yuk.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Im getting pretty drunk so maybe not the best judge, but

* not sure I’ve seen Geelong fumble, turn it over and generally poo their pants like this too often
    * Port’s fans are really fugly. Like, yuk.
    Wife asleep. Should I continue with Scotch?

Beautiful corridor football by Port. Swans must emulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Wife asleep. Should I continue with Scotch?
    Knock yourself out.

Good to see that Gary Rohan is still doing Gary Rohan things, like going missing in finals.

Also agree about Port supporters. Pretty gross. Seem to want to boo everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Knock yourself out.
    I think I might. Only relief from the 11.00am press conference that dominates my life.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Good to see that Gary Rohan is still doing Gary Rohan things, like going missing in finals.

Also agree about Port supporters. Pretty gross. Seem to want to boo everything.
    Oh no, it’s not about their behaviour. They are facially gross. I mean, it’s terrible TV every time they cut to them. Revolting to see and should come with a warning. I don’t get sick from drinking, but I might get nauseous from seeing their ugly heads. True kicked mule stuff.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Geelong seemed like they got a half time spray and tried to throw everything at Port, but unfortunately for them, Port just pounded back harder, without landing the telling blows. Still, it's hard to see Geelong coming back from here.

Those ump's should get another game this finals.

- - - Updated - - -

/s

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast