Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Giants Elimination Final 2021

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Toby Greene:
    "It was just in the moment and I certainly would never touch him."

Leon Cameron:
    “Clearly it's a talking point but all I know is it wouldn't have been intentional."

We really are living in a golden age of bull@@@@.
    It's incredible isn't it how basically lying is seemingly accepted as 'fair cop' these days. Carl Sagen once said that the world will one day celebrate ignorance....that time has well and truly arrived.

Senior Player
    [/QUOTE]:FFS, stop it....please![/QUOTE]
    No we must listen to the oracle as he is just about the only one ( well he does have that one offsider ) that truly understands the nuances of the game. The rest of us should really give up trying to explain what we see and think as it is pointless when compared to the superior insights offered by this pundit.
    We are lucky that he chose here on RWO just a short 18 months ago as the place where he would share his wisdom.
    Last edited by Faunac8; 29th August 2021 at 12:27 AM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Heard Gould does not have the engine to play out a full game. His endurance levels will need some work in the off season.
    Yeah, a third pre-season should do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Just checked and was surprised to see that Melican had 17 disposals and 8 marks. Not shabby. He wasn't the reason we lost. I would like to see someone better in that fullback position, but if he could get a decent run with injuries, I think he would be okay.
    He had some good moments, but not enough were at full back. I would like Melican to be the man we need - it would certainly solve a few problems - but, even with improvement, I am not looking to get the ball in his hands.

I actually wonder if the reason he didn’t kick that ball to Heeney was because he didn’t think he could make the kick. Melican sends up lofty balloons and doesn’t seem to have much touch.

There were probably a hundred reasons for our loss, it was that sort of game - and in most one-point results there usually are. Ultimately, the reason for our loss is that we just lacked polish at critical moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Yeah.We know.
    Yeah OK, but my point was that it really wasn't one or two players to blame like Bell. It was a collective failure.
    Bell was no worse than buddy or Hickey during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I was going to let others do the rebuffing of your 'he's no good' comment because they were doing very well but the above is just playing the victim......I think you know exactly what IU2 meant....it was the yet another 'he's no good' bit, not your whole post, that got you 'into trouble'.

FWIW, I think a fully fit and firing RB is going to be our next Ryan O'Keefe. I see it all the time and today, it was on show. A bit more polish needed but it's coming. I can feel it in my waters.
    I think Rowbottom stood up today. Really showed good intensity. I would have liked him to kick that goal in the 2nd quarter to really boost his confidence.

Senior Player
    On the Greene incident, if anyone wants some distraction from the disappointment of the game, you can browse the 2021 tribunal guidelines here (PDF).

The relevant sections appear to be:

1. Intentional Contact with an Umpire
    Contact with an Umpire that is aggressive, forceful, demonstrative
    or disrespectful will be deemed intentional and the Player will be directly
    referred to the Tribunal.

2. Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact with an Umpire
    Where contact with an Umpire is not aggressive, forceful, demonstrative
    or disrespectful but could otherwise be regarded as intentional, it will be
    classified as Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact with an Umpire and
    subject to a fixed financial sanction.

So if deemed (1) it's straight to tribunal, with a penalty at their discretion. If (2) it's a fine - $2500 ($1500 with an early plea) for a first offence.

There aren't too many recent precedents. Tom Hawkins got a week in 2018 for slapping an umpire's hand away. Ed Curnow got a week, same year, after appeal by the AFL, for a very light push.

Greene's looked demonstrative and disrespectful to me, but these things seem very open to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It is beyond me why Chad wasn't played last week to give him more game time, in a dead rubber. Up until he was injured he was fanatastic.
    Yep. People blasted me for being annoyed with the Gold Coast game selections. The committee decided to go with Mills who didn’t look fit.

I was a bit tough on Chad earlier but he had glimpses today. Very clean ball handling on all occasions. Got caught out with the Toby Greene goal, but he’s not alone in that.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Yep. People blasted me for being annoyed with the Gold Coast game selections. The committee decided to go with Mills who didn’t look fit.

I was a bit tough on Chad earlier but he had glimpses today. Very clean ball handling on all occasions. Got caught out with the Toby Greene goal, but he’s not alone in that.
    What is it with you and your comrade and always turning it into being about you?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's incredible isn't it how basically lying is seemingly accepted as 'fair cop' these days. Carl Sagen once said that the world will one day celebrate ignorance....that time has well and truly arrived.
    I didn't see Cameron's press conference, but I suspect that no journalist asked an impertinent, but entirely justified question, like, "So, are you saying that your star player couldn't avoid walking into an umpire, who was right in his eye line and dressed in fluoro?"

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    On the Greene incident, if anyone wants some distraction from the disappointment of the game, you can browse the 2021 tribunal guidelines here (PDF).

The relevant sections appear to be:

1. Intentional Contact with an Umpire
    Contact with an Umpire that is aggressive, forceful, demonstrative
    or disrespectful will be deemed intentional and the Player will be directly
    referred to the Tribunal.

2. Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact with an Umpire
    Where contact with an Umpire is not aggressive, forceful, demonstrative
    or disrespectful but could otherwise be regarded as intentional, it will be
    classified as Unreasonable or Unnecessary Contact with an Umpire and
    subject to a fixed financial sanction.

So if deemed (1) it's straight to tribunal, with a penalty at their discretion. If (2) it's a fine - $2500 ($1500 with an early plea) for a first offence.

There aren't too many recent precedents. Tom Hawkins got a week in 2018 for slapping an umpire's hand away. Ed Curnow got a week, same year, after appeal by the AFL, for a very light push.

Greene's looked demonstrative and disrespectful to me, but these things seem very open to interpretation.
    I suspect that around 95% of reasonably impartial and sentient observers, would choose option 1. Which means that in the world of AFL administration, the outcome is probably still 50/50.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    FFS, stop it....please!
    No we must listen to the oracle as he is just about the only one ( well he does have that one offsider ) that truly understands the nuances of the game. The rest of us should really give up trying to explain what we see and think as it is pointless when compared to the superior insights offered by this pundit.
    We are lucky they he chose here on RWO just a short 18 months ago as the place where he would share his wisdom.[/QUOTE]

Some of us have given up.

And thus ends the most unpleasant season on RWO in my years of being here.

I barely got a run this year, so clearly time to hang up the boots. There's now too much trolling and endless thread hijacking by one belligerent, fixated and self-righteous individual. Time to move on.