Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 22 Round 1 2022

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Seeing the footage of Gould launching it from 60 fills me with hope he might fill Dawson's role off HB / pushing up onto a wing. He's very lean so that should translate into better mobility and speed. I remember one of the knocks on Dawson in his first few years was his speed and his tank so maybe 2022 might be Gould's break out?
    Gould=Lean?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Yeah, he's looking reasonably lean, tipping the scales at a shade under 90kg. Today he finished first in his group in the time trial. He looked knackered afterwards though.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Yeah, he's looking reasonably lean, tipping the scales at a shade under 90kg. Today he finished first in his group in the time trial. He looked knackered afterwards though.
    Good signs for Gould. I'm hoping he cracks it this year.

Senior Player
    The problem with some of these Best 22 or team suggestions for Round 1 2022 options, is that there was not space left for us to win the Rising Star nomination to start the year (and then win the next two as well). So the Best 22 needs to have Braeden Campbell or one of our newest draftees (etc) in the team!

And if any of our new draftees make the first 22 because of outstanding pre-season form (and not injury to a more established player) then that is a great for our team!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    SYDNEY SWANS 2022 - if Paddy and Anderson join. For me Melican and Fox will be in the defensive line depending on matchups as they both bring something important depending on who we are playing.

I suspect we will give McDonald a shot first and see how long he can maintain Snr standard.

B - Fox Rampe Cunningham
    HB - Lloyd McCartin Blakey
    C - Florent Heeney McInerny
    HF - Wicks Franklin Gulden
    F - Papley McDonald Hayward
    Foll - Hickey Parker Mills

Interchange
    19. Warner Chad
    20. Campbell
    21. Ladhams
    22. Kennedy

B - Oconnor, Reid, Melican
    HB - Gould, Paddy, Oriordan
    C - Stephens, Rowbottom, WarnerJnr
    HF - Bell, Amartey, Rankin
    F - Ronke, McClean, Sheather
    Foll - Sinkers, Gus, Roberts
    Bench - McAndrew, Taylor, Clarke, Anderson

Long term injury list: Naismith
    Tough to fault that. Looks pretty spot on to me.

I don't see Fox playing ahead of a fit Pelican

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Tough to fault that. Looks pretty spot on to me.
    Wow. Your’ve gone for Corey Warner to start on the left wing. Although I’m a big fan of the family, I would give Stephens his shot first on the lest wing.

Given all the positive chat around the pre-season I thought I'd refresh this thread. The main reason being as a reminder of how difficult it actually is to fit everyone in to a 22.

My current team if forced to pick Round 1 would be:

FB: Cunningham, T. McCartin, Blakey
    HB: Lloyd, Rampe, McInerney
    C: Florent, Kennedy, Heeney
    HF: Hayward, McDonald, Gulden
    F: Papley, Franklin, Ch Warner
    Foll: Hickey, Parker, Mills
    Int: Campbell, Rowbottom, Stephens, Ladhams
    Sub: Wicks

In this situation, I have sacrificed Melican as another tall so I could squeeze in more talent. I do think Melican will play many games but it will be opposition dependant.

I'm also controversially going with Campbell/Stephens over Wicks. I really like Wicks and realise he brings something that the others. In fact, I would be more than happy to have him in the side but when push came to shove, I went with Campbell and Stephens.

Others to miss out are McLean, Amartey, Fox, O'Riordan, Gould, and the new draftees.

A seriously strong team AB

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Given all the positive chat around the pre-season I thought I'd refresh this thread. The main reason being as a reminder of how difficult it actually is to fit everyone in to a 22.

My current team if forced to pick Round 1 would be:

FB: Cunningham, T. McCartin, Blakey
    HB: Lloyd, Rampe, McInerney
    C: Florent, Kennedy, Heeney
    HF: Hayward, McDonald, Gulden
    F: Papley, Franklin, Ch Warner
    Foll: Hickey, Parker, Mills
    Int: Campbell, Rowbottom, Stephens, Ladhams
    Sub: Wicks

In this situation, I have sacrificed Melican as another tall so I could squeeze in more talent. I do think Melican will play many games but it will be opposition dependant.

I'm also controversially going with Campbell/Stephens over Wicks. I really like Wicks and realise he brings something that the others. In fact, I would be more than happy to have him in the side but when push came to shove, I went with Campbell and Stephens.

Others to miss out are McLean, Amartey, Fox, O'Riordan, Gould, and the new draftees.
    Whos putting pressure on in your forward line

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Whos putting pressure on in your forward line
    I think everyone in my suggested forward line is strong, athletic and competitive enough to create enough pressure.

AB I suspect that your suggestion re Stephens and Campbell over say Wicks makes sense from a perspective that as juniors they showed much more upside than say Wicks and they bring versatility re being able to play wing from defence and or mid.

But I also suspect that the role that Wicks plays is a critical role also ee shutting down an opposition key small forward. Are u saying this is Warner's role ? Is this the best use of Chad in our 22?

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast