Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Best 22 Round 1 2022

Excluding the 3 players who also played VFL, we had 23 players in the match yesterday.

I think we bring in Franklin and Ladhams for Reid and McLean. And that will be the 1st round team. It's just deciding who will be the Med Sub. My choice would be JPK, for strategic reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Excluding the 3 players who also played VFL, we had 23 players in the match yesterday.

I think we bring in Franklin and Ladhams for Reid and McLean. And that will be the 1st round team. It's just deciding who will be the Med Sub. My choice would be JPK, for strategic reasons.
    We certainly will be fielding a strong team for the first game. We will need it against GWS. Hopefully, Mills has pulled up well and can play in the opener. Essentially missing only Paps from our best team. The rise of Paddy means we may have alleviated one of our biggest weaknesses from last season - a second tall defender who can take intercept marks and create. The Pelican rarely did those things. We have to hope that one of our young midfielders can become elite eg Chad. If that happens then we can really threaten the top 4 sides. A bit of competition for spots now and some depth too. Nice!!

I am going to be in Sydney on Friday and was hoping to catch training. Any tips on when and where they are likely to be training then? Tramway Oval?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I am going to be in Sydney on Friday and was hoping to catch training. Any tips on when and where they are likely to be training then? Tramway Oval?
    Yes, that's where they usually are - from about 9 AM.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Agree with the squad changes, subject to Ladhams' performance yesterday (which is unknown on this forum). Post game, Cox suggested they were genuinely undecided re Ladhams' inclusion in the 22.

Kennedy is playing half-back this year. They like him as a decision-maker and sound disposer (source: Heeney's interview on SEN last week). Reckon he'll play.

Agree with others that it's between Wicks and Hayward. Hayward's a better mark, more likely to score an important goal and less fumbly. Wicks' tackle pressure is superior.

Basic stats from yesterday via afl app (disposals, marks, tackles, contested possessions, fantasy, pressure acts, HOs, goals):

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Yes, that's where they usually are - from about 9 AM.
    Thanks for the info, BS. Much appreciated! I don't arrive till noon so it will be an afternoon visit.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Thanks for the info, BS. Much appreciated! I don't arrive till noon so it will be an afternoon visit.
    They won't still be training in the afternoon. Or at least, normally they train for two to three hours in the morning.

It is possible that they'll start switching some training sessions to match the time they are due to play so as to more closely match conditions (notwithstanding the rain makes it hard to match any conditions). It is also possible that they'll soon be able to switch to training inside the SCG, making training sessions effectively closed to the public.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree with the squad changes, subject to Ladhams' performance yesterday (which is unknown on this forum). Post game, Cox suggested they were genuinely undecided re Ladhams' inclusion in the 22.

Kennedy is playing half-back this year. They like him as a decision-maker and sound disposer (source: Heeney's interview on SEN last week). Reckon he'll play.

Agree with others that it's between Wicks and Hayward. Hayward's a better mark, more likely to score an important goal and less fumbly. Wicks' tackle pressure is superior.

Basic stats from yesterday via afl app (disposals, marks, tackles, contested possessions, fantasy, pressure acts, HOs, goals):

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    The contested possessions may be enough for Wicks to get the nod. Longmire and the coaching staff have been focusing heavily on matching the top 4 teams when it comes to contested possessions this season.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930