Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 22 Round 1 2022

Thinking about where our list is placed, I'm rather bullish about our chances for a few reasons:
    1) Our defence should be stronger this year. Plenty of competition for the third tall position in our backline which will bring out the best in the young guys competing for the spot. BOC, Gould, Melican, Fox, PMac and possibly Reid all going for the one spot.
    2) Growth in our midfield. The loss of Dawson and Hewett hurt but give opportunities to immensely talented youngsters such as Chad and RB (on the inside) and Campbell, JMc, Errol and Stephens on the outside. I'm predicting at least a couple of these guys will have breakout years as a result. Heeney and Paps to also pinch hit more in the midfield.
    3) Improved ruck support for Hickey. Ladhams joining is a bonus. McLean and Amartey both improved this year and if Reid stays on the park, is usually handy. I doubt we will see Sinclair in the first team in 2022.
    4) More targets in F50 and improving future gun in LMc.

As an aside, are there any lists with as many Macs as ours (TMac, PMac, JMc, LMc)?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Kennedy might be slow but like you say hes got smarts experience and leadership . Rowbottom is slow and has none of those things to boot . He 's nowhere near Jpk's level so if people want him in over a champion like Joey , it stinks of ageism .
    I've been watching our matches again from this year and am baffled that you think that about Rowbottom. He has footy smarts, courage and skill. He's building strength and experience. He is best 22, is young to boot, so he has a lot of upside too.

You've shared your negative opinion on Rowy so many times that I think you are seriously deluded, or you revel with any attention, be it positive or negative.

Regardless, I don't agree with your views. That's okay. In the meantime, Rowbottom is becoming a necessary part of our team. I see it, others see it and more importantly, the coaches do. Dare I say, he could even become a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I've been watching our matches again from this year and am baffled that you think that about Rowbottom. He has footy smarts, courage and skill. He's building strength and experience. He is best 22, is young to boot, so he has a lot of upside too.

You've shared your negative opinion on Rowy so many times that I think you are seriously deluded, or you revel with any attention, be it positive or negative.

Regardless, I don't agree with your views. That's okay. In the meantime, Rowbottom is becoming a necessary part of our team. I see it, others see it and more importantly, the coaches do. Dare I say, he could even become a gun.
    I agree and I think he will. He has the ability to extract when even JPK, Parker etc are getting ready for a ball up. Suddenly the ball pops out. Bloody cleaver at manipulating his body tk get arms free. A long term star.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post

Wasnt in the 22 this yr ,was dropped and only in because Mills and Joey were injured , but say im wrong , surely even you can admit that he is nowhere near JPK's level so to suggest we play him over Joey is a joke , im not being nasty they are just two very different players and thinking of the team first

Wasnt in the 22 this yr ,was dropped and only in because Mills and Joey were injured , but say im wrong , surely even you can admit that he is nowhere near JPK's level so to suggest we play him over Joey is a joke , im not being nasty they are just two very different players and thinking of the team first
    Was injured and he was brought back early because of injuries. He was not ready to come back. So not dropped. He was sent back to get better match fitness in scratch marmtches. It was obvious he came back too early.

You have this hatred fot Rowbottom. Is a hatred of his uncle behind all this? You know who his uncle is, BT. You know that and we all loathe BT. But he cannot choose who he is related to. Your relatives are your relatives. As the old saying goes

You can chose your friends but you are stuck with your relatives.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Was injured and he was brought back early because of injuries. He was not ready to come back. So not dropped. He was sent back to get better match fitness in scratch marmtches. It was obvious he came back too early.

You have this hatred fot Rowbottom. Is a hatred of his uncle behind all this? You know who his uncle is, BT. You know that and we all loathe BT. But he cannot choose who he is related to. Your relatives are your relatives. As the old saying goes

I don't loathe BT. I find him quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I don't loathe BT. I find him quite entertaining.
    We all have our likes and dislikes lol Nico

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

For the 1000th time i dont hate him , i dont RATE him

His done nothing to prove me wrong and change my mind , if he does , happy to admit im wrong as i have done with Hayward , Wicks, Blakey

I wasnt nasty or rude , all i said is he is not the player that Jpk is , and shouldnt be in the 22 over him just because hes 10 years younger . If you suggest that he be in the team over Joey Kennedy the leader of this club then you gotta expect backlash , i guess i took the bait again

Simon Dalrymple mentioned Rowbottom as one of our upcoming stars in the podcast previously mentioned and linked. He didn't mention Warner, btw.

I have the highest regard for JPK, who I rate as our best player of the last decade, as I would rate Adam Goodes in the previous decade and Paul Kelly before that. But everyone's time comes to an end. I'm pretty sure this will be Kennedy's last season. Even for those who don't rate Rowbottom, I would probably have Stephens, who also didn't make my best 22, in before Kennedy. It's more a matter of moving on to our new game style.

Wolftone is right. Kennedy cannot chase down even a slow player. Once they're past him, they're gone. He's still a powerful ball winner at stoppages with good skills all around. He's certainly worth a list spot, but I don't think he fits in the team going forward.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Simon Dalrymple mentioned Rowbottom as one of our upcoming stars in the podcast previously mentioned and linked. He didn't mention Warner, btw.

I have the highest regard for JPK, who I rate as our best player of the last decade, as I would rate Adam Goodes in the previous decade and Paul Kelly before that. But everyone's time comes to an end. I'm pretty sure this will be Kennedy's last season. Even for those who don't rate Rowbottom, I would probably have Stephens, who also didn't make my best 22, in before Kennedy. It's more a matter of moving on to our new game style.

Wolftone is right. Kennedy cannot chase down even a slow player. Once they're past him, they're gone. He's still a powerful ball winner at stoppages with good skills all around. He's certainly worth a list spot, but I don't think he fits in the team going forward.
    Sorry you are way off , Rowbottom is half the player Kennedy is even at 34 Dalrymple isnt gonna say he's a bust is he when he's the one who drafted him ! Also Stephens not much better so far , and Campbell for that matter who was in your 22 , Florent too , none of these are close to JPK at this stage

Why do you want to sabotage team success for the sake of some young players ? They should be made to earn there place and prove they are better than Jpk and then force him out of the team !

Sorry you are way off , Rowbottom is half the player Kennedy is even at 34 Dalrymple isnt gonna say he's a bust is he when he's the one who drafted him ! Also Stephens not much better so far , and Campbell for that matter who was in your 22 , Florent too , none of these are close to JPK at this stage

Why do you want to sabotage team success for the sake of some young players ? They should be made to earn there place and prove they are better than Jpk and then force him out of the team !
    I think people are saying that RB will provide more to the team in 2022 than JPK will. And I tend to agree there. He's been an incredible leader of our club. But he's getting very slow and an average kick of the ball.
    For me, it's not about youth winning out. But one player able to provide more across the ground over 4 quarters in a full season of games.

I am not comparing players at their peaks. Rowbottom is already pretty close to JPK in what he contributes to the team. By the end of next year he should surpass him, simply because Rowbottom is improving with age while JPK is declining with age. It's not that I think Rowbottom will ever reach JPK's top level. Time will tell, but unlikely given what a great player JPK has been.

It's also the change in team game style, which is not well suited to JPK's strengths. It's similar to the reasons why we let George Hewett go. It's not that he was a poor player, but rather we want more players on the ground who can move the ball quickly.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast