Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans HQ

Swans HQ

Sydney Swans HQ at the Royal Hall of Industries

I'm really glad that there's going to be somewhere that we can go and hang out in proximity to the Swans, potentially meet up with other fans and get news about what's happening around the club. It will bring the club closer to the supporters and could create a new vibe and maybe even opportunities to talk to players and personnel who are coming and going. I'm not sure if this already happens in 'footy states' but, if so, maybe it will bring Sydney closer to having a true footy culture.

What do others think? Meh or cool?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    From my home in Mooloolaba I struggle to see how I should be happy but when I am in in Sydney next ( given that the the last time was 2018 ) I will be sure to attempt to get my football hating wife to come along and visit with me😀
    Having said that I did manage to arrange a visit to Wellington in 2013 that coincided with the first overseas AFL premiership game ever.
    However upon further reflection while this could be a great step forward for our supporters and AFL tragics in general I wouldn’t want to have invested cash in it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    From my home in Mooloolaba I struggle to see how I should be happy but when I am in in Sydney next ( given that the the last time was 2018 ) I will be sure to attempt to get my football hating wife to come along and visit with me😀
    Having said that I did manage to arrange a visit to Wellington in 2013 that coincided with the first overseas AFL premiership game ever.
    However upon further reflection while this could be a great step forward for our supporters and AFL tragics in general I wouldn’t want to have invested cash in it.
    The drive for better facilities to enable us to compete even more effectively at the top level has to start somewhere.....did you think that comes for free? I'm in Victoria, have only ever visited Sydney once (and that was a fly in, pick up new car and drive straight out again in a few hours) and can't be confident I'll ever visit again and I think it's a great idea. Pity it's been held up by the pandemic and the faster they get it done, the better.

It makes sense for it to become the clubs social epicentre for fans to meet and for new fans to learn about the club.....which augurs well for future membership.....so I am in agreement with bloodspirit.

Key point of it all is the vastly improved facilities for the playing groups to use - that part will be most welcome I would expect.

The social element of it is just a nice bolt on to the primary purpose
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think that this is a key development which was initially stalled by the COVID crisis. Our current facilities are outdated and not up to scratch when compared to others. This will help our long-term prospects.

Veterans List
    Yes, great news that this development has been resurrected, though not clear to be whether the initial ambitious scope will be undertaken in its entirety. My recollection was that facilities for any AFLW team was a major driver, so with that locked in for 22/23 I guess it needed to be rebirthed.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Perhaps we could offer George and Dylan base contracts and then have them employed as consultants on the redevelopment for the next three years. Problem solved.
    sprite

That would be what Carlton would do. Pay each $200k p.a. for 2 years to turn up once a week and comment on the colour scheme.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Perhaps we could offer George and Dylan base contracts and then have them employed as consultants on the redevelopment for the next three years. Problem solved.
    Beautiful! It could be our very own 'Visy'.....

An update about progress with construction work: Swans new home on track (sydneyswans.com.au).

If you look at the gallery, image 11 has two curious features:

1. Is that Gary Rohan checking out our new swimming pools?

2. Did Fox pay for some product placement?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    An update about progress with construction work: Swans new home on track (sydneyswans.com.au).

If you look at the gallery, image 11 has two curious features:

1. Is that Gary Rohan checking out our new swimming pools?

2. Did Fox pay for some product placement?
    1: No....

2: If they did, they wouldn't have been happy!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 15th February 2022 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    1: No....

2: If they did, they wouldn't have been happy!
    RE: 1 - I think you're right. On closer inspection it looks like Rankin.

RE: 2 - Why not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast