Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: General off-season footy chat

BTW Don Pyke did not get the Carlton job as rumoured

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Voss did. A bit surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It sounds like Don has been enjoying himself at the Swans. I can't see the Carlton job being all that enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Good luck to Michael Voss. He deserves another shot at being senior coach much like Ratten at St Kilda. No pressure of course. Taking over a team that has not played finals for 7 seasons and being told you must make finals next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Helps that he has the best CEO in the industry now working at Carlton. Cooke has been brilliant everywhere he’s been and should have succeeded Demetrou.

Good luck to Vossy. Carlton list is pretty good, and should make finals.

Is get rid of Cripps though. He drives the poor culture.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Good luck to Vossy. Carlton list is pretty good, and should make finals.

Is get rid of Cripps though. He drives the poor culture.
    Big assumption that carlton will get anywhere near extracting the true value out of their list, especially when they are still a mess off the field. At various times in the past decade or so the list has been okay, and they've done jack all with it. Long may it continue.

And be intrigued to understand on what basis you claim Cripps drives the poor culture. Not a club I spend much time reading much about, but be interested if it is simply your hypothesis, or if there is a bit of information out there to back it up.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Big assumption that carlton will get anywhere near extracting the true value out of their list, especially when they are still a mess off the field. At various times in the past decade or so the list has been okay, and they've done jack all with it. Long may it continue.

And be intrigued to understand on what basis you claim Cripps drives the poor culture. Not a club I spend much time reading much about, but be interested if it is simply your hypothesis, or if there is a bit of information out there to back it up.
    No information, just gossip

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I have an incredible feel for the game, as you would have no doubt noticed during your time on RWO.
    Cripps body language, and occasional effort does not reek leadership. He's captain because he's a good player, not because he's a good leader.
    He also holds too much power, and welds it. Plenty of talk about him undermining Teague.
    Carlton have had many coaches lately, and have all failed. The one constant has been players like Cripps. I think there is a link there.

Voss needs to stamp his authority, by putting Walsh or one of the young guns as captain. Voss was a bit too matey with the senior Brisbane players when he last coached. Hopefully he has learnt that lesson.

I genuinely hope he does well. I actually feel like I like carlton more because of him, than I did last week.

I should add that carlton does suffer from the messiah complex. Great players of theirs get elevated way beyond their raw football ability.

I have an incredible feel for the game, as you would have no doubt noticed during your time on RWO.
    I just spat out my drink.

This is A-level trolling.

Well done Barry!

Cripps body language, and occasional effort does not reek leadership. He's captain because he's a good player, not because he's a good leader.
    He also holds too much power, and welds it. Plenty of talk about him undermining Teague.
    Carlton have had many coaches lately, and have all failed. The one constant has been players like Cripps. I think there is a link there.

Voss needs to stamp his authority, by putting Walsh or one of the young guns as captain. Voss was a bit too matey with the senior Brisbane players when he last coached. Hopefully he has learnt that lesson.

I genuinely hope he does well. I actually feel like I like carlton more because of him, than I did last week.
    It was well known he was playing with a fractured back hence his dramatic drop in form. The poor bugger has carried that team for years and chose to play whilst injured to help his team knowing he would cop flack for drop in input . If that’s not leadership I don’t know what is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast