Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: General off-season footy chat

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Be o looking more like a '70's Serial Killer with that Mo. Or Chopper, but Chopper was more polite

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Every time I see him I think of Ivan Milat!

Beveridge doesn't stop whinging, he's been doing it for years. His actions were embarrassing. I see he has apologised and so he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    What is staggering is that people have had the Tom Morris What’s App recording and only chose to release the recording the day after Morris has a run in with a highly revered senior AFL coach.

Why didn’t the recording emerge during the cricket season where Morris does a lot of reporting. Morris had the best inside info on the Justin Langer situation.
    Doesn’t really matter when the WhatsApp recording was made or released. What Morris said was wrong. And if all accounts are true, it wasn’t even the worst thing he’s said.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Doesn’t really matter when the WhatsApp recording was made or released. What Morris said was wrong. And if all accounts are true, it wasn’t even the worst thing he’s said.
    I agree with you that what was said was wrong. I do think it’s important to know when the WhatsApp recording was recorded and when it was released.

The recording was in someones or many peoples possession for a period of time. It only got released when Tom Morris came into the media spotlight following his run in with Beverage.

The person or people whom leaked this WhatsApp don’t care at all for the female journalist. If they really cared about the female journalist they would have taken the WhatsApp recording to a Fox Sports HR representative and allowed a quiet in house investigation to occur. They would have done this straight away.

What the hell is the world coming too. It’s illegal to record someone speaking without informing them.

Come on mate. You need to play by the law 1st and foremost.
    It’s definitely not illegal in NZ and I think Australia too. Recordings can be used in court sometimes too. I have been reading up because I have a bit of a dispute about to go down with the guy I bought a car off.

Veterans List
    I don’t think Bevo’s outburst can be considered workplace harassment. Both parties work for different workplaces.

I think Morris can be a big problem for Bevo. Someone is leaking to Morris and will now continue to leak even more. I assume the person leaking is not on Bevo’s team. Morris will keep getting the leaked info and will grind Bevo into the ground.

I think the other journalists in the press conferences will now not ask any questions and leave the floor totally open for Morris to ask all questions of Bevo.
    I reckon the reason Beveridge launched is that Morris taunted him by going on about Hunter. It was after the game you would think a rational person might ask something about the game. Beveridge should have ignored him and said "next question" and pointed to another journo ala Buckley.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He could yet be.
    AFL said no further action.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    AFL said no further action.
    Of course they did . . .

What I hope happens from here of course is every time a player or official from the Bulldogs fronts the media for the next month they get peppered with questions about their frothy-mouthed coach and asked if they are the leaker, or if they know who the leaker is, or it worries them that there is a leaker.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Tom Morris now sacked.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The irony of him being brought down by a leak is off the charts. You reap what you sow.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    The irony of him being brought down by a leak is off the charts. You reap what you sow.
    Or just about his final words in public being "Fox backs me".
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You reckon that's a mix of misogyny and homophobia? It's cringeworthy, sure, but I wouldn't use either of those terms to describe it. Doing so, IMO, detracts from criticism of comments that really are homophobic or misogynistic. I guess the context in which the comment was made matters. If he was on the phone to a mate and made those comments, he needs to find new mates (ie not those who tape and release private conversations) but I guess we all make comments about the opposite sex (or same sex) in private that aren't too different. If the comment was made in a professional context that's a different matter. For it is certainly an unprofessional comment and the crassness of it multiplies.

Regardless of that comment and any fall out, I don't think it mitigates or explains or excuses Beveridge's outburst. The original story from Morris was pretty lame. Not something worth getting as excited about as he did on Monday, but a minor story nonetheless. It appears to have been factually correct and I don't see the malice in it that Beveridge seemed to see. If Beveridge is going to get that worked up about such a trivial matter, let's hope for his and his club's sake that there aren't any meaningful stories about the Dogs worth breaking this season. Not sure how he will cope.

He also has form for getting aggressive towards journalists, to extents that far exceed the substance of what they have said. Sure, most footy journalists are pretty lame and little of what the "news" they break is of much interest, but reactions like Beveridge's are like getting pest exterminators into your house to get rid of a fly, when a simple swat or Raid spray would do.
    The comments were made on a private What's App group, the first ones anyway. There seems to be a second one on Tic Toc or similar. I find the comments offensive from the point of view they are sexist. He is sexualising a colleague. A colleague who he knows is a Lesbian and has absolutely no interest in being sexualised by men. This is highly offensive to the person who is being sexualised. He is also saying he is a white, heterosexual male, so therefore he is better than Black, Asian, Homosexual people or women. He puts himself in a box and considers that box as should be treated on a much higher level that the others he named. He has a sense of entitlement, probably due to his private school boy education.

What the hell is the world coming too. It’s illegal to record someone speaking without informing them.

Come on mate. You need to play by the law 1st and foremost.
    Sorry, it is not illegal if the comments were made and sent to a social media group as these were. These comments were made as a recording, made by him, and sent to a private What's App group. So, therefore not illegal to share if you find them offensive and obviously someone in that group did.