Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: General off-season footy chat

General off-season footy chat

Does anyone think that the key to getting Cerra to the Dees could be swapping him for Angus Brayshaw? Would it be a straight swap? Obviously we won't know until time has passed but, if that deal did happen, would anyone call one party or other the early winner?

Sending Angus to Freo unites him with his younger brother, Andrew. Angus would also get to return to spending more time on ball whereas he has been pushed off it at the Dees behind Oliver, Petracca, Viney and Harmes.

Cerra is not yet as good a player as Angus but maybe has a higher ceiling? It's too hard to say at this stage. Cerra may be quicker than Brayshaw and that is what Melbourne might want. Might also be a way for Melbourne to reinvest the salary they have ploughed into Angus into a role they have a higher need for??

For Freo Angus Brayshaw would be a pretty good consolation for losing Cerra. Decent age too.

Or just crazy talk? Angus Brayshaw going nowhere - why would he when he's happily settled in Melbourne and part of a flag winning team that has risen from the depths?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

“It seems like every year I am coming to Freo,” Brayshaw told The West Australian.
    “It would be a disservice to my teammates to even think about anything other than the Melbourne Football Club. I’m contracted until next year, I love my teammates and I have no intention of going anywhere.”
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List

Veterans List
    Stevic named for GF, VFL giving the Dogs every chance to steal another one

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    All 3 umpires are important "in's" for the dogs.

Makes me sick.

Regular in the Side
    I'd be worried is i was a dees suppoter. See who one of umpires is. Stevic killed us in 2016.

Senior Player
    I thought this was a good read. One of those footy articles that's all about the people.

Melbourne’s streets without the AFL grand final are a requiem for a team

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I thought this was a good read. One of those footy articles that's all about the people.

Melbourne’s streets without the AFL grand final are a requiem for a team
    Yes, since I really liked that article, I was going to use it to kick off the grand final thread, that I'm just about to start. Damn; now I'm going to have come up with an original thought or two.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, since I really liked that article, I was going to use it to kick off the grand final thread, that I'm just about to start. Damn; now I'm going to have come up with an original thought or two.
    I'd have posted to a GF thread if it existed! Go for it, we can have it twice. Or get a mod to move my post over.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I'd have posted to a GF thread if it existed! Go for it, we can have it twice. Or get a mod to move my post over.
    Yes, I will post it again, because I do like the themes that it hints at.

Veterans List
    Rosebury is one of the other umpires. He tried really hard to get the Bulldogs over the line against us this year. I fear for the Demons.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast