Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brownlow Thread (2021)

Veteran Site Admin

Brownlow Thread (2021)

Errol didn't waste any time racking up his first ever Brownlow votes. Two in round 1.

Glad to see Hickey getting early season recognition from the umpires. He's polled in both the first two rounds.

Veterans List
    Really pleased for Hickey 🙂.

What was Gill doing with his head during his opening speech? It looked like he was at a tennis match!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Errol didn't waste any time racking up his first ever Brownlow votes. Two in round 1.

Glad to see Hickey getting early season recognition from the umpires. He's polled in both the first two rounds.
    First Swans ruckman to pick up Brownlow votes since Sinclair in 2018, per Footywire (https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...?year=2018&s=V).

Veterans List
    Hickey polls in round 3 too.

Veteran Site Admin
    And Warner follows up with his first Brownlow vote in round 4 (not in the round 3 game where he earned his RS nomination).

Suspended by the MRP
    They will both win brownlows

Veteran Site Admin
    Round 7 (against Geelong), McLean snares a vote. I've not gone back to last year's voting, but I think it's safe to assume that's his maiden vote.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    They will both win brownlows
    TB, who are you referring to...? I will assume Chad and... Hickey? Or Errol??

Can’t believe dom sheed polled 1 vote in the game where we won by 92. Seems suss

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Can’t believe dom sheed polled 1 vote in the game where we won by 92. Seems suss
    I thought the same.

Congratulations to Wines.

The umpires are really unimaginative in how they deliver votes nowadays. I get that the job of the prime midfielders is to run around and touch the ball a lot, but that doesn't mean that other players - who touch the ball a lot less - don't sometimes play match winning roles. Yet the votes get dished out with monotony to the stat padders.

In our final few games, the umpires did show a bit more than average imagination, with Lloyd, Hayward, Franklin and Dawson scoring votes.

Ollie wines drafted in the same draft as Dean towers.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ollie wines drafted in the same draft as Dean towers.
    Given that Ollie went at pick 7 and we got Dean at 22 I can’t quite see your point. Jack Viney went at 26 - he’s perhaps one we missed

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast